Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

One of Gkam's old bikes.

Hi All,
a young lad that comes with us riding was in no position to buy a road bike - he used an old MTB, but could keep with us on our outings (no we are no longer racers)  2
but he has the legs of Hoy.

However, we all chipped in and bought one of Gkam's bikes and done it up a bit for him, new wheels and away he goes.
We took advantage of the break in the weather today and got a good ride in - we didn't see young Chris's arse for dust on his new steed.

We want to pass on our sincere thanks to Gkam for letting this young lad have such a good bike, and at a good price - he is elated to say the least.

Here it is - just got back.  20

IMAGE(http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq144/Jammo/photo1_zps76d58b0f.jpg)

Here is my new steed too - nothing like being 'blown off' by a youngster on his new Allez whilst trying to catch him on this frame-up build of mine.

IMAGE(http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq144/Jammo/photo_zpsc5a43e92.jpg)

Again, MANY THANKS Gkam, we hope the cash helpped towards the trike - we may call in and see you in the flesh on the LEJOG next year, trike an' all.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes, the one on the Allez is a red one - very bright and can be seen frome some distance. Chris uses it all the time and hasn't needed batteries yet.
As mentined above, it looks like a single bar electric fire from behind - very warming.
Regards,

Trikeman.  3

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is that one of those silicone lights on the saddle?

I got a green one for Christmas but can't think where to put it.  39

therevokid | 11 years ago
0 likes

I recognise that Allez  1

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Keith, love the trike. Trusting you get many miles out of her  1 be safe out there. Especially in the crappy weather at present if you manage to get out.

bikecellar | 11 years ago
0 likes

Great looking machine, but from what I have just seen on the 10:00pm news you got some flooding up your way, perhaps a set of floats and a paddle?

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seriously SD, this lad should be road racing - thankfully the Allez has standard gearing, if it were compact he would be spinning out all the time.

He has been MTBing since I can remember him loosing his stabalisers, built like a lath and legs like SCHoy.
Lacks a little in road sense, but that will come. Yes he's on the (his now) Allez and already has his sights on the 'nighthawk' s-works.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

Super Domestique replied to trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes
trikeman wrote:

Seriously SD, this lad should be road racing - thankfully the Allez has standard gearing, if it were compact he would be spinning out all the time.

He has been MTBing since I can remember him loosing his stabalisers, built like a lath and legs like SCHoy.
Lacks a little in road sense, but that will come. Yes he's on the (his now) Allez and already has his sights on the 'nighthawk' s-works.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

An Allez then a Tarmac - sounds familiar!

Ih the power of youth hey! My son is like that - 13 years old and plays rugby - completely like his uncle's in build not my racing snake style.
He goes mtbing with me. Technique? - nah, finesse? - nah.
Brute force and power? - ample!

It's great to watch isn't it.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awesome thread.

Congrats Keith.

@ trikeman - great club spirit. Also what did you expect, it is an Allez. Be grateful it isn't red, they are even faster.

racefaceec90 | 11 years ago
0 likes

am glad you have the trike Gkam84  4 unfortunately the links didn't work for me so couldn't look at your new pride & joy  7 i hope that it brings you many years of biking happiness  4

allez my friend(s)  4

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sweet Trike Bud.  4

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah, I saw the story on gofundme about a group buying one of Keith's bikes. Even better that it was someone here.

When you give him the clipless pedals, tell him that it's also necessary to "just tie the end of this rope round your seat tube, and I'll hold the other end - just for your safety, obviously!"

As for the fibre flare light, I quite like them!

That trike looks awesome!

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi Gkam,
That trike is wicked mate - well done for getting it and especially for getting out on it too, looks fantastic.
 41  41  41
That cable that goes from the frame up the seatpost is a rear light, like a neon thingy - it's very good though and makes me feel warm when I'm behind him - looks like a single bar electric fire,,,,, but he likes it.
I have a few odd clipless pedals to give him shortly but letting him get used to the bike first, I would hate to see him go sideways through some parked car's side screen.
Well done again with the trike - perhaps the final leg of the lejog could be on the cards?

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I also took advantage of a break in the weather  4

For some reason I'm still getting the error message when trying to upload, so I hope this works

Side on
http://gkam84.tk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DSCF0931.jpg

My new cockpit
http://gkam84.tk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DSCF0932.jpg

Me on the trike sporting the Road.cc Kit  3
http://gkam84.tk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DSCF0929.jpg

Thank you everyone that helped.

I hope Chris enjoys many rides out on the bike, you'll need to get him into clipless  3

Whats the cable running up the seatpost?

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Make sure he picks little gears

Latest Comments