Dura Ace C24 on Boardman Team Carbon ?

by kupepe   December 21, 2012  

Hello,

A really good opportunity came up from a friend's friend to sell me a 4 months Dura Ace c24 7900 Tubeless pair of wheels in 50% of their value, since he bought some Easton 50 deep Wheels.

Atm I ride a Boardman Team Carbon and i use it for training and brevets. A couple of months ago I discovered the joy of climbs ... I really love reaching the top and the patience u need to show ascending the mountain slowly with ur bike.

Well now that u know the use I am doing on my bike is it too much to have that set of wheels on my bike for the usage i am doing?

I am currently using the standard Mavic Aksiums that came with the bike.

Thanx in advance

3 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

In my view, the answer depends on (a) whether you can afford them; and (b) whether you'll use them. If the answer to both is yes, I'd say buy them. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

posted by Sadly Biggins [263 posts]
21st December 2012 - 12:56

like this
Like (1)

I ride for fitness, club runs and sportives, and I'd take them in your position. Besides, I seem to recall you live in Greece don't you? So with Greek weather, nice summer wheels will see a lot of use!

If I could have, say, 6 bikes, would it stop me drooling over others that I don't have?

posted by notfastenough [2942 posts]
21st December 2012 - 13:16

like this
Like (1)

I ride C24s after upgrading Ksyriums. You'll love them!

posted by veseunr [279 posts]
21st December 2012 - 15:01

like this
Like (1)