Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

premium prizes

Are premium prizes available in America? Or would I need to be in Europe to be eligible?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

robacairns | 11 years ago
0 likes

I can second that the import tax issue can bite you - I won the bike for the Giro from Canada. Evans shipped the bike for free (after something like 11 weeks  7 ), but the import taxes were something like $500 (obviously will vary by country). Still worth it of course - but something to keep in mind.

nickobec | 11 years ago
0 likes

Premium prizes are available to all foreigners.

I live in Western Australia, picked up 3rd in TdF, now have Garneau helmet which was posted to me via Evans for no charge.

Also scored schwag from 2011 game for top ten TDF &/or overall, also posted via Evans at no charge.

You might have to pay postage on a bike, (and I would of been hit by tax). But for other prizes, looks like you just get them.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I tried to find the rules, but failed.

If I remember rightly, you just have to pay postage, unsure about any taxes for your country as the goods have to be declared for shipping insurance, even as a prize/gift

But yes the whole world is able to win a prize  26  26

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think last year's Tour de France winner was from the States and he got the Trek that was on offer directly from Trek through a dealership. Check out this thread from last year:

http://road.cc/content/forum/44667-big-thank-you

Scroll down to the end. If nothing, the winner, scorekeeper, could answer this question for us. I don't know about the other Tours, though...

Maybe if you pay for the shipping they'll let you get it, though...

Latest Comments