Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2014 TdF in Yorkshire

TMS have just told Boycott that news is coming out that the 2014 Grand Depart will leave from Yorkshire.
No confirmation on the web yet, apart from one article in Danish, which I don't read well enough to take as confirmation

http://www.sportenkort.dk/nyhed/153546/touren-tilbage-til-england&sa=U&e...

If it's true... Hurrah!

EDIT

CONFIRMED http://www.bikebiz.com/index.php/news/read/yorkshire-to-host-the-2014-to...

HURRAH!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

mpt68 | 11 years ago
0 likes

cant wait for it. i should be able to see quite a bit of it. hope it comes to Mirfield/Huddersfield where Brian Robinson lives. first stage winner and he still rides his bike round west yorkshire and he's over 80 now

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

As long as it's not all centered around London I'll be more than happy.
Great it's in Yorkshire, a long way for me but at least it will get a great reception there and if I can get there I will. Bit far to 'nip up' on the bike though.

I bet it will be a great spectacle and support will be fantastic.

Regards

Trikeman.  3

Leviathan | 11 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps ASO didn't want to be hijacked by Mr. Salmond's agenda. The Commonwealth Games will be plenty of a party for him. Anyway The North is a country that deserves the race just as much and you don't need a passport to get in from Scotland (though I would still take it with you, you might be stopped at Watford Gap on the way to that London.)

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No Hurrah's from me, Glad to see it back in Britain, But Edinburgh should have gotten it, that way all mainland countries would have gotten some action.

As is Yorkshire gets two stages and one in London.......BALLS  14  14  14  14  14  14  14

Edgeley | 11 years ago
0 likes

Tha dosn't wanta cycle like that, young man. Alays keep a straight handlebar. When I were a youngster bikes was proper bikes, wi a bit of heft to em.

.....etc, etc, for the next 2 years.........

Latest Comments