Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

World tour breaking news

FDJ and Argos are in.

Toss up between Saxo and Lotto.....  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

He's going no-where, Katusha are set to take on the UCI because they were past fit to hold a license and then not given it without any reason's

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

If he went to Sky and its a big if, he could be one of the main men for the classics with Uran, EBH and G. Then take time out to build up for the Vuelta, with the assistance of Sky his TT could be made so much better as well.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Forgot to add, I doubt he will go to Sky, would he be happy going at 1 GT and the classics?

I like the cannondale idea, however again, would he be happy at just GT rider and not classics, with a team that has the likes of Sagan, Moser et al for classics and Sagan wanting points jerseys at GT's?

I cant really think of another team where he would get his own way and be able to do what he wants, and that could afford him. Argos is the only team lacking a real GT contender, but then you would have a Cav style situation re Kittel/Degenkolb. Same could be said for Orica, who have the classics covered, but then again you have Goss in the GT's.

He would probably gain leadership in as many races through wild card entries as he would by leaving

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was thinking J-Rod to Cannondale!?  39

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod to sky and they would have a man for all the GT's

But Katusha will get invites to all races anyway.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod to Sky ? now there's an attractive GT line up  13

Sam1 replied to Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Surely no room at the inn there given he will need to be a GT leader..tho unless I've got it wrong, I reckon that they are 1 rider short even with Kirienka announcement

TERatcliffe26 replied to Sam1 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Sam1 wrote:
stumps wrote:

Surely no room at the inn there given he will need to be a GT leader..tho unless I've got it wrong, I reckon that they are 1 rider short even with Kirienka announcement

Surely sky have space as Rogers left, and Kiryenka was already in before that happened, so at least 1 space free

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok, so Saxo are in, Katusha are out.

Queue the moves away from Katusha

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails2011.asp?id=ODkwNw&MenuId=MT...

Katusha requested a relegation..........  13  13

But as is, Saxo are going to get invites to every race now. So it only hampers every other conti team

Sam1 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails2011.asp?id=ODkwNw&MenuId=MT...

Katusha requested a relegation..........  13  13

But as is, Saxo are going to get invites to every race now. So it only hampers every other conti team

No, the UCI wording says Katusha;'s request was rejected, not that they requested a relegation.

TBH I dont see any difference on pro-conti wildcard chances. Bertie would have ensured the wildcard invites, just as Purito (assuming he stays) AND Russian money and market will do.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

UPDATED

WorldTour 2013: Argos, Rabo/white label, Vacansoleil-DCM, Astana, BMC, Radioshack-Nissan, Garmin-Sharp, OPQS, Lotto-Belisol, Saxo, FDJ, Ag2R, Movistar, Euskaltel, Lampre-Merida, Cannondale, SKY and Orica-Greenedge

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

SAXO LOSES WT-LICENSE. UCI awards licenses to Argos-Shimano, Lotto-Belisol and FDJ

Super Domestique replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

SAXO LOSES WT-LICENSE. UCI awards licenses to Argos-Shimano, Lotto-Belisol and FDJ

Wow! While I was typing my previous post.

So the AC factor lacked the X factor (see what I did there  3 )

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Most likely, but I want to see Lotto get it.....

Super Domestique replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Most likely, but I want to see Lotto get it.....

Agree but think the AC factor will swing it.

Any news on if Spesh will still supply Astana?

Or are they cutting it back to just 2 teams. ( Saxo and OPQ )

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

I reckon it'll be saxo.

Thanks for the update.

Latest Comments