Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best Bike Related Purchase 2012

I did this last year and it went down well so thought I would make an early start as I am struggling to pin point one.

What was your best cycling related purchase this year?

It can be a bike, parts, tools, books, clothing/kit, event tickets, etc.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

AlasdairMc | 11 years ago
0 likes

A few things for me - making the transition from MTB to CX to road bike, I got a Van Nicholas Mistral for my LeJog, which has been phenomenal so far.

Overshoes - who's have thought that summer cycling shoes don't have to be freezing in the winter?!?

Garmin Edge 500 - easy to set up (i.e. turn it on) and even easier to transfer between bikes.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Race entry fees...I'll never be a 4th cat again for as long as I live  4

Bedfordshire Clanger | 11 years ago
0 likes

Northwave winter boots. I have warm and dry feet plus I don't mangle a set of overshoes every three months on my commute.

Sealskinz lobster gloves. They take a bit of getting used to but I have warm hands at last!

An Exposure flare rear light, small, tough and really bright.

Entry to the Dartmoor Classic and the Fred Whitton 4 Seasons. The Classic was brilliantly organised and the Fred is just an incredible, epic day out on the bike.

keef66 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gore Phantom Windstopper jacket. Fabulously versatile bit of clothing. Snapped up as a bargain in Wiggle's sale

jezwebb | 11 years ago
0 likes

A big lock, as I moved from the sleepy (Ayr)Shire to Edinburgh!

chris75018 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Giro Factor shoes (in the sales) Dead comfy.

Or a 2010 Spesh Element jacket (also in sale!) very toasty and very well made.

Or one of the Sufferfest vids which are currnely making turbo sessions more bearable.

Pages

Latest Comments