Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Buyers regret? - anyone else a sufferer?

I think I must be the Worlds worst tbh.

I sit there over analyzing kit and calling its purchase into question. All the more so when forced off the bike.

Target currently is the turbo trainer as I have yet to even be able to try it (although my son spent 20 mins on it on Sat) but most of my kit is 'under fire' today!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

My dad had a magnet in his tin, which was the worst thing ever because it meant the entire contents could be lifted out in a single magnetised lump!

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

BTW reading this back, just having a 'Tin' makes me feel like my dad!

aende | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sellars Remorse: yes
Buyers Regret: No

Now, about the £80 wirth of stuff I need to convert the fixie to singlespeed.......  22

issacforce | 11 years ago
0 likes

yep i purchased apr nof bont race light areo wheelset used for 4 month then hav sat in back rm doin absolutley nothing but gathering dust

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

^
That's probably true, never thought of it like that.  39

lazyusername | 11 years ago
0 likes

There's definitely a direct correlation between time spent off the bike and the number of orders I place. I haven't done much recently and as such have 4 anodised bottlecage bolts in the post to match the valve caps I have. FFS. Does it ever stop?

0 likes

I have a tin with a few different types in so hence the need for a picture.

Email me the picture and your address and I will have a look at what I have.

notfastenough replied to Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

Result! The spare bolt you sent fits, so the cage/bottle/attached mini-pump on the top tube no longer wander into the path of the passing crank! Hurray!

Super Domestique replied to notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough wrote:
Super Domestique wrote:

Result! The spare bolt you sent fits, so the cage/bottle/attached mini-pump on the top tube no longer wander into the path of the passing crank! Hurray!

Great - nice one. Thanks for sorting the mags - as requested donation made plus topped up a touch (hats off to you for that one) and I have let Keith know.

0 likes

Ooh, I dont but I'll take one. Cycle surgery were good enough to give me some standard bottle cage bolts out of the workshop but the heads were two narrow to hold the cage to the frame, but of course you're a spesh fan so that might be a go-er.

Thanks, even if it doesn't work out. I'll get back to you.

0 likes

Do you have a pic? ( or do I need to say picture to keep the educated happy?  3 )

I might have a spare.

0 likes

The pair of Spesh bottle cages I bought to avoid having mismatched items, only to find that one of the bolts has come loose and fallen out, and they aren't standard fitting so I'm having trouble replacing the bolt without buying another cage.

0 likes

WAY too much hassle on a smartphone!

Bobbys boys | 11 years ago
0 likes

Missing apostrophes - anyone else a sufferer?  4

Buyer's (or perhaps buyers'), World's etc.

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

I sometimes prevaricate for ever and a day before buying stuff, partly because I don't have money to waste but also scepticism of the claimed benefits of pricey gear when cheaper alternatives work fine. There are a few things I've bought that have been poor value, but most are fine.

I get bothered about mechanical issues while riding - the slightly out of index gearshift or misaligned brake pad I forgot to fix before I put the bike away.

The turbo trainer: it's not meant to be fun, it's an instrument of torture. Turbos are for training, not pootling. If you intend to keep it then you must establish a routine (e.g. jump on straight from work or whatever) and have a couple of workouts planned that mean you actually use it. If you get into a regular pattern then you're more likely to keep using it, otherwise it's just an ornament.

joemmo | 11 years ago
0 likes

you've hit the nail on the head - it's because you're off the bike. I find the less time I spend cycling, the more likely I am to substitute it with purchasing or fretting over minor mechanical issues.

ilovemytinbred | 11 years ago
0 likes

I regret it when it does not live up to expectations or if its something that will never be used.

I expected the turbo to be hideous- I was right  3

Latest Comments