Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum Users Mini league

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

128 comments

JAndrewHill replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

After ToQ Stage 1

Kenny 106 leads the Forum's Scorum's overall(standard)whilst Gkam is miles clear in the purist.

Nearly nicked the stage with my purist team thanks mainly to Elmiger but beaten by a point by Stumps' standard team who was probably the star performer on the day with his purist 8th on the day also.....My standard team had a shocker!!

Chapeau to anyone who got a podium badge on that stage.

Going to go Bookwalter and Rast in for Bewley(forced-out of race))and Modolo(weakest of my sprinters in terms of TTT) for stage 2 in my standard team.....can't see Elmiger's IAM squad living with Brent's BMC or Greg's RSN in a TTT so figuring he'll drop down the GC considerably(and he's already paid his way for my purists).

Incidentally.....anyone joining is welcome but end of stage 4 is cut off point for ToQ honours(see competition winners in the first post) whilst let's say the END of the Giro is the cut off for overall honours.

Chapeau a moi then...lanterne rouge badge

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not a podium badge though?

After Stage 2:
Livestrongnick takes over in Gold for the Forum's Scorum's ToQ but Stumps is showing great form currently 2nd and 4th for his standard and purist teams respectively.....obviously he leads the purists in Qatar.

Top 3 overall(Kenny106,Alan Tullett and Wig_Billy) remain the same but it has certainly tightened up a bit and dare I say I was the improver of the day moving into the top 10(8th)after a pretty good TTT. GKam remains more than 160pts clear of the nearest overall purist rival.

I bought in Blythe and Delle-Stelle for Van Avermaet and Rast for stage 3 thinking that with Modolo out Delle-Stelle may be the go to sprinter on his team and Blythe over Van Avermaet purely on youth points.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just realised I'm 3rd and 7th in here for ToQ. Didn't expect that  4 Shame I've got Modolo in my purists.

TERatcliffe26 replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Touche...i expect hell come next to last now.

He was 2nd in todays 2nd intermediate sprint  1

0 likes

After ToQ Stage 3:

Wig_Billy's purist team hits the front in the Forum Scorum Tour of Qatar with simon F 'first wheel' so to speak...it would be a big ask for him to hold on to the Gold with a purist team of Cav,Kruopis,EBH,Haussler,VanKiersbuilk,VanAvermaet,Blythe,Devolder and Rasch but let's see?

In the Forum's Scorum's overall Alan Tullett has retaken the lead from Kenny 106 and is the first man to 1000pts....whilst Gkam's 818pts leads the purists.

For my part I'm more than happy with 5th in the whole game on that stage and even my modolo-less purists managed a very creditable 119pts  4

Multi-Tasking starts tomorrow with the Tour Med and I'm thinking that Europcar haven't bought Tivo AND Rolland to muck about but a bit disappointed that Pinot is so pricey(although he was my favourite rider last year).......any bargains out there?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorry! After such a great TdF Pinot was always going to shoot up in price just like Bouhanni/Degenkolb/Demare have this year too.

I think there are deals to be had, it'll be interesting to see if anyone bothers taking a punt on Andy Schleck or not, he's still cheap but may be more likely to get Lanterne Rouge points than anything else.

0 likes

At just 3 credits he's got to be a bargain? How many other 3 pointers are actually capable of winning a summit finish?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Right now how capable is Andy Schleck of winning a summit finish, or even placing in a stage at this point in his 'comeback'?

0 likes

For me....more likely than say,Pierre-Luc Perichon who is the same price!!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, I wont be picking him  1

From Voigt's comments I think Schleck really struggled at the TdU and right now its about riding miles and getting into race shape, I think he'll potter along in the peloton and, at best, maybe have a crack in a break one day. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though, a fully race fit Andy Schleck would be great for the TdF.

0 likes

Even that would be worth 3.0 credits.....particularly over a few hills?

0 likes

For the record my starting standard team is:

Greipel(1st stage only)
Rogers
Pauriol
Chaves
Talansky
Mollema
Monfort
Pellizotti
LeMevel

Nice to see a bit of banter within the Forum's Scorum's league......it's the reason I set it up  19

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I really haven't struggled too much for credits in this one, ive not had to pick any guys that id class as just filling a place because they 3 credits

0 likes

Meanwhile I'm making NO changes to my ToQ team for stage 4.....anyone else being a bit less conservative?

I'm figuring that most of us now have pretty similar teams.

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Meanwhile I'm making NO changes to my ToQ team for stage 4.....anyone else being a bit less conservative?

Ive made 3 changes

Haussler for Viviani
Markus for Hutarovich
Fortin for Roulsten

Leaves me with

Cav
Kruopis
Degenkolb
Van Avermaet
Haussler
Markus
Fortin
Jang
Rasch

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So Viviani will win tomorrow based on my luck!

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

I too have dropped Viviani for Haussler so yes Viviani will win tomorrow  20

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I've gone aggressive and made a penalty transfer.

Degenkolb, Bookwalter, Voss out
Blythe, Guardini, Haussler in

robacairns | 11 years ago
0 likes

Although you could argue that the racing is a bit boring, with the winds not playing much of a role (although that chase today, with the peloton nailing back almost 4 min in the last 25k, was pretty dramatic) the strategy on what to do re fantasy picks is a gambler's paradise.
It's reasonably clear who is on form based on placings (Markus - very impressive), but there are also riders who are waiting in the wings if their teams could not F** up the last 10K (Degenkolb / Blythe / etc.). There are also safe points to be had in Phinney etc. Everyone must have picks to spare - what to do (Haussler, Viviani, Guardini, Kristoff, Cantwell, etc.)?

Can anyone fill me in on Fortin - what's the story there?

TERatcliffe26 replied to robacairns | 11 years ago
0 likes
robacairns wrote:

Although you could argue that the racing is a bit boring, with the winds not playing much of a role (although that chase today, with the peloton nailing back almost 4 min in the last 25k, was pretty dramatic) the strategy on what to do re fantasy picks is a gambler's paradise.
It's reasonably clear who is on form based on placings (Markus - very impressive), but there are also riders who are waiting in the wings if their teams could not F** up the last 10K (Degenkolb / Blythe / etc.). There are also safe points to be had in Phinney etc. Everyone must have picks to spare - what to do (Haussler, Viviani, Guardini, Kristoff, Cantwell, etc.)?

Can anyone fill me in on Fortin - what's the story there?

The deal with Fortin....Modolo got injured and he is there next best sprinter, and as a non-WT team cant afford not to at least trying to get a podium a go

Well Degenkolb has been poor and I have now axed him to get in Kristoff and Guardini.

Viviani too expensive at the moment and got axed last night for me and I brought in Barry and Fortin for him and I got my best score yet

0 likes

After TOQ Stage 4:
Surprise-Surprise yours truly now leads the Forum's Scorum's ToQ....definitely a day to stick and NOT twist.Wig_Billy has a 44point lead in the purist comp(and 4th overall...impressive!!).

After TourMed Stage 1:
Well Greipel smoked the competition and that man again Wig_Billy smoked the Forum's Scorum's competition as well to lead with a mighty 153 pts but unless everyone else has massively misread the course his sprint-heavy team could easily get exposed. JulesW leads the purists but has the withdrawn Taaramae.

Overall;
Unsurprisingly Wig_Billy has taken the Maillot Jaune from Alan Tullett in the Forum's Scorum's Overall with Kenny 106 suffering for lack of premium and dropping to 6th.
GKam still has a commanding lead in the purist overall-however no Talansky or Rogers in the Tour-Med  39 ).

0 likes

Incidentally I've made 3 changes for ToQ stage 5 and the biggest risk involves taking out EBH.....if he wins the stage I'll be furious  19

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Incidentally I've made 3 changes for ToQ stage 5 and the biggest risk involves taking out EBH.....if he wins the stage I'll be furious  19

I twisted again and took out Degenkolb

Brought in Kristoff and Guardini

My team as it is now would have won yesterdays stage  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've dropped EBH too, brought in Kristoff and Markus and dropped one of my cheap 3 credit DSs who've been hopeless.

0 likes

I dropped EBH,Bookwalter and Delle Stelle in favour of Phinney,Markus and Gallopin.

Over in the Med I dropped The Gorilla and Chaves to bring in Kreuziger and Lofqvist.

0 likes

After TOQ Stage 5:
Simon F(new Gold Jersey in he Forum's Scorums) and I have basically swapped places whilst Wig_Billy increases his lead in the purist to 63pts from Soun_Dax 7 .

After TourMed Stage 2:
Wig_Billy is ruling the Forum's Scorum's here but for me the star so far is TERatcliffe with 2nd standard and 10th purist.

Overall it's Wig_Billy(test that man for EPO) leading Alan Tullett and he's even closed the gap on GKam in the purist to less than 60pts..... JulesW is the Lanterne Rouge

Antone got ANY idea what's happening in the TourMed tomorrow?

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

After TOQ Stage 5:
Simon F(new Gold Jersey in he Forum's Scorums) and I have basically swapped places whilst Wig_Billy increases his lead in the purist to 63pts from Soun_Dax 7 .

After TourMed Stage 2:
Wig_Billy is ruling the Forum's Scorum's here but for me the star so far is TERatcliffe with 2nd standard and 10th purist.

Overall it's Wig_Billy(test that man for EPO) leading Alan Tullett and he's even closed the gap on GKam in the purist to less than 60pts..... JulesW is the Lanterne Rouge

Antone got ANY idea what's happening in the TourMed tomorrow?

No stage tomorrow for the tour of Med, stages can't be deleted from the game so it will just run through to stage 4, but you basically will end up with 4 transfers for stage 4, and 0 points for stage 3

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hope I haven't peaked too early.

0 likes

After ToQ final stage:A Cav-Like kick from enrique saw him score 209 pts and blow past simon F and livestrongnick to win the competition in the Forum's Scorum's with Wig_Billy just holding on to the purist title......and they go on the first post honours board.

TourMed Stage 3 was cancelled and the extra set of transfers may help bail out a few sprint/TT heavy teams.

In the Overall Forum's Scorums the mover I noticed was obutterwick with a 4 place jump into 7th but Wig_Billy still holds a 60pt lead over 2nd placed Alan Tullett.192pts for GKam's purists stretched out his big lead even further in the Purist division.

livestrongnick replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Hope I haven't peaked too early.

I'm beginning to think i may have peaked a bit early too!  31
Tour of med will be my tester having only got 73 & 21  2

Pages

Latest Comments