Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum Users Mini league

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

128 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah and still only second in the purist league....

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

AFTER STAGE 5

GKam looks to have the purist lead for a while to come as his one-man breakaway has led to a 109pt lead over his nearest challenger Makiavelli.

204pts on stage 5 for Wig_Billy has led to him climbing to 3rd in the overall and it's probably between him,Alan Tulklett and leader Stevemarks for the TDU win.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm quite surprised by my current position. After the first 2 stages I thought I was out of it.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My purist team died on its arse today, 34 points, but tomorrow it should bounce right back  4

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Podium badge earned by my Purist team but not too good for them otherwise.

A bit better for standard with a 7th place finish in the Forum's Scorum's overall.

Guardini was probably my biggest fail  31

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

6th for me in Forum's Scorum's  15

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im just amazed im not last! Beware of me in Qatar though  19

0 likes

Where did Kenny106 come from? Must have parachuted in before start of stage 6!!

While all are welcome,I think it's only fair to award the Forum's Scorums Overall TDU to Alan Tullett after a poor last stage for breakaway SteveMarks saw him lose his long term lead whilst GKam took the purist.

I'm going to use and edit the first post to record winners of each of the competitions,hopefully we'll be able to seperate them from the overall in the league pages.

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Where did Kenny106 come from? Must have parachuted in before start of stage 6!!

While all are welcome,I think it's only fair to award the Forum's Scorums Overall TDU to Alan Tullett after a poor last stage for breakaway SteveMarks saw him lose his long term lead whilst GKam took the purist.

I'm going to use and edit the first post to record winners of each of the competitions,hopefully we'll be able to seperate them from the overall in the league pages.

Completely fair Ray, I noticed that too

Gkam's purist team demolished my normal team, which shows how good his picks were

sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's a lame excuse to say Kenny106 was too late to the party to be the winner. He got the points so he gets the jersey. I finished 56th overall so there are obviously plenty of people who would have drubbed us all if they'd been in the Forum mini league. I don't know why they aren't in it but there you go.

I'm happy to have come top of the All Ireland vs Britain league, to be sure.

Can't wait for the next competition where my normal mediocrity will be resumed.

0 likes

What are your ideas for the ToQ guys?

Sprinters from teams that can TTT I reckon.

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

What are your ideas for the ToQ guys?

Sprinters from teams that can TTT I reckon.

Ive gone sprinters with my cheap guys from TTT teams for stage 1, then make my two transfers for the TTT for other TTT teams that should perform

Purist is a whole other game  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Purist wise it's just a case of picking the sprinters who'll perform. Cavendish, EBH, Sagan or whoever, you need to pick the guys who'll be top 5 each day. For the rest I agree, picking teammates of sprinters and TTT guys to try and pick up the odd points, not really going for breaks so much.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not sure Sagan is riding....he wasnt on the cycling fever startlist

0 likes

I think that if Cav can finish in the OPQS first 5 he has a genuine chance of winning the overall?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

My tactics, pick four expensive sprinters then try and scrounge together a half decent selection of 5 DSs for less than 20 credits...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My tactics. Get the riders I think can do something, then back them up with a cheap DS from the team  19

Also, same tactics as the TdU, No home nation riders....SO no Qatar riders in my teams  26

0 likes

Everyone set for the ToQ?

I've got the following in my standard team

Kruopis
EBH
Cav
Modolo
Guardini
Bewley
Velits
Rasch
Van Avermaet(what a bargain!!!)

My big fears are Degenkolb(it was he or EBH) and Spartacus(coming in for the TTT) to be honest.

I'll reveal purist after stage 1(if anyone's interested after a relative flop in Oz)

0 likes

Im all set but im not revealing, alls I will say is I have 4 the same as you for my normal team and 6 in my purist team

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm unsure whether to pick Cancellara, Thomas or Flecha at any point this week. Each could have a go if the race breaks up but might not compete in the sprints. Flecha too should lose time in the TTT on the others if things go to form.

I also reckon Velits is going to be a popular pick for Monday before being dropped by everyone  4

0 likes

I'd rather Van Hummel than Flecha if anyone from Vacansoleil....consistent top tenner in the TDF sprints.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

True, but given how well Boonen does each year it seems that being a strong rider is more important than being a fast sprinter if you want to do well in the overall.

That's my decision, everything suggests a sprinters race but every year the stronger riders do well. In theory Cav should be unbeatable but I doubt it'll work out that way.

0 likes

ive got kreder from vaconsoleil in my purist team, I did have Markus in my normal team till i decided to change it.

I may have Cancellara in for the TTT

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've gone for a south east asian...if it comes off, i doubt many other will have picked him....and hes not japanese

TERatcliffe26 replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

I've gone for a south east asian...if it comes off, i doubt many other will have picked him....and hes not japanese

I may well have picked him....Chan Jae Jang??

JAndrewHill replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Touche...i expect hell come next to last now.

0 likes

After ToQ Stage 1

Kenny 106 leads the Forum's Scorum's overall(standard)whilst Gkam is miles clear in the purist.

Nearly nicked the stage with my purist team thanks mainly to Elmiger but beaten by a point by Stumps' standard team who was probably the star performer on the day with his purist 8th on the day also.....My standard team had a shocker!!

Chapeau to anyone who got a podium badge on that stage.

Going to go Bookwalter and Rast in for Bewley(forced-out of race))and Modolo(weakest of my sprinters in terms of TTT) for stage 2 in my standard team.....can't see Elmiger's IAM squad living with Brent's BMC or Greg's RSN in a TTT so figuring he'll drop down the GC considerably(and he's already paid his way for my purists).

Incidentally.....anyone joining is welcome but end of stage 4 is cut off point for ToQ honours(see competition winners in the first post) whilst let's say the END of the Giro is the cut off for overall honours.

0 likes

Modolo's out...Fractured scaphoid!!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ouch, nearly picked him but glad I didn't!

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dammit, he's in my purist team!

Pages

Latest Comments