Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum Users Mini league

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

128 comments

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

6th for me in Forum's Scorum's  15

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Podium badge earned by my Purist team but not too good for them otherwise.

A bit better for standard with a 7th place finish in the Forum's Scorum's overall.

Guardini was probably my biggest fail  31

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My purist team died on its arse today, 34 points, but tomorrow it should bounce right back  4

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm quite surprised by my current position. After the first 2 stages I thought I was out of it.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

AFTER STAGE 5

GKam looks to have the purist lead for a while to come as his one-man breakaway has led to a 109pt lead over his nearest challenger Makiavelli.

204pts on stage 5 for Wig_Billy has led to him climbing to 3rd in the overall and it's probably between him,Alan Tulklett and leader Stevemarks for the TDU win.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah and still only second in the purist league....

0 likes

Wow GKam.....I can see why you joined!!

That's a purist score and a half  13

fluffchucker | 11 years ago
0 likes

21 7th  36 LMAO

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah, I knew I'd seen it somewhere but couldn't find it. That should be good fun then, when I drop to 100/150 points off the lead in the Grand Tours I tend to write them off as there's almost no way of making it back up, it'll be fun to try and concentrate on one type of terrain  4

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well im getting closer and closer to the bottom

0 likes

AFTER STAGE 4:

Sanderville leads the Purists by 8 from DrHeaton and a further 2 back to Makiavelli.....the leader is the only one with GT in his team which probably makes him favourite although the fate of the doctor lies largely in the hands of the 'Rainbow Stripes'.

My aim in standard is for a high overall finish for the season so no stage hunting for me but used all 3 of my transfers to take out Guardini,Kittel and Cantwell for Moreno,Hermans and Hansen(my tip for a possible stage win today).

Leaves me with

Thomas
Pietropolli
Hermans
Slagter
Hansen
Moreno
Kerby
Greipel
DeMare

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've just joined this league, I wasn't going to join any, but after seeing who's in, I'm in  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was aiming for my 'Podium' badge today but totally forgot about Cantwell!  20 Even more annoying is I had him in my team for the first couple of stages!

123 points to move me back up a little but making 6 transfers today bringing in punchy climbers and try and go after the 'Podium', 'Full House' and 'King of the Mountains' badges.

I have to say, if Dave reads this, the badges are excellent and give you something to go after once your chances of a victory are gone. Great idea.

EDIT: Also Dave, I can't remember if this was confirmed anywhere when the game was announced, but is there any plans for 'Jersey' competitions in the grand tours? So you could go after a sprint or mountains jersey once your chances at the overall are gone?

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I was aiming for my 'Podium' badge today but totally forgot about Cantwell!  20 Even more annoying is I had him in my team for the first couple of stages!

123 points to move me back up a little but making 6 transfers today bringing in punchy climbers and try and go after the 'Podium', 'Full House' and 'King of the Mountains' badges.

I have to say, if Dave reads this, the badges are excellent and give you something to go after once your chances of a victory are gone. Great idea.

EDIT: Also Dave, I can't remember if this was confirmed anywhere when the game was announced, but is there any plans for 'Jersey' competitions in the grand tours? So you could go after a sprint or mountains jersey once your chances at the overall are gone?

Dave said on an email to us that he was still working on that and it wouldn't be ready for the start of the year
Im gonna guess it will be introduced for the giro maybe

0 likes

Earned my 'Full House' badge today getting points from everyone on stage 4  4 Got to be happy with that!!!

145 points for 12th on the stage puts me in the top 10 pre-Willunga  4

Good to be using this smile icon again  4

Stevemarks still leads the way but by only 28 now and it may come down to stored transfers so 5th placed Fluided will suffer from non-premium restrictions.

0 likes

Dr Heaton's early promise proved to last about as long as a Grand Tour leaders jersey for Taylor Phinney as Stevemarks now holds a decent 40 point lead.

Forum Favourites WigBilly and livestrongnick are roaring through the pack with plenty of momentum.

How many of you are holding back transfers for stage 5?

livestrongnick replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Dr Heaton's early promise proved to last about as long as a Grand Tour leaders jersey for Taylor Phinney as Stevemarks now holds a decent 40 point lead.

Forum Favourites WigBilly and livestrongnick are roaring through the pack with plenty of momentum.

How many of you are holding back transfers for stage 5?

So after being bigged up i had a poor stage bringing in Goss rather than the Gorilla.....  20

Taking penalty points again to get me some badges today  39

stepho | 11 years ago
0 likes

In  16

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

It seems that most peoples purist teams are higher than their standard teams they picked to do well in stage 1. I think this shows that the GC riders are all over this race from the start and the sprinters won't have it all their own way. Gilbert will be keen to kick start his season in the rainbow jersy I reckon.  3

0 likes

Dr Heaton the star of the show in the season opener sitting 1st with his purist team and 5th with his standard but may suffer for his lack of Eddy Boss tonight and that ChrisDStripes will be near the top.Of course there's nothing stopping the good Doctor from getting him in on his standard team?

Of the more prominent forum poster's Stumps(purist),Livestrongnick(purist) and myself(purist) are doing a considerable impression of Matt Goss at the back end of the pack punished for not having the Gorilla whilst STEVESPRO79(both teams)had him and are still in the Autobus.

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'll join.

0 likes

1 more would make it a nice round 30.

0 likes

Forget my previous post...
..... I'll join the Forum's Scorum's instead  26

0 likes

Wasn't there last year a `Last Years Players' league?
If there was, can we have this year a `Last Years Players', but for this last year.......

Sorry, I forgot where was I going with this  29

TERatcliffe26 replied to fluffchucker | 11 years ago
0 likes
fluffchucker wrote:

Wasn't there last year a `Last Years Players' league?
If there was, can we have this year a `Last Years Players', but for this last year.......

Sorry, I forgot where was I going with this  29

I think i know where you were going Fluff  19  4 , when the new interface was introduced, our league from last year was erased

stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes

gatecrashed!!!
a la Trotsky (hope there's no ice around).

JAndrewHill replied to stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes

What was the number....oh go on then, I hope I do as well as fantady footie

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Count me in

Good Luck for the new year guys

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just joined  4

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm in - happy new year everyone! Love the new dashboard guys, and the extra races - good stuff.

Pages

Latest Comments