Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum Users Mini league

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

128 comments

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

After TOQ Stage 5:
Simon F(new Gold Jersey in he Forum's Scorums) and I have basically swapped places whilst Wig_Billy increases his lead in the purist to 63pts from Soun_Dax 7 .

After TourMed Stage 2:
Wig_Billy is ruling the Forum's Scorum's here but for me the star so far is TERatcliffe with 2nd standard and 10th purist.

Overall it's Wig_Billy(test that man for EPO) leading Alan Tullett and he's even closed the gap on GKam in the purist to less than 60pts..... JulesW is the Lanterne Rouge

Antone got ANY idea what's happening in the TourMed tomorrow?

No stage tomorrow for the tour of Med, stages can't be deleted from the game so it will just run through to stage 4, but you basically will end up with 4 transfers for stage 4, and 0 points for stage 3

livestrongnick replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Hope I haven't peaked too early.

I'm beginning to think i may have peaked a bit early too!  31
Tour of med will be my tester having only got 73 & 21  2

livestrongnick replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

After ToQ final stage:A Cav-Like kick from enrique saw him score 209 pts and blow past simon F and livestrongnick to win the competition in the Forum's Scorum's with Wig_Billy just holding on to the purist title......and they go on the first post honours board.

Just a shame the extra transfers became available feel it mixed things up some what and gave a few teams a much needed life line......  39

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Yeah my purist team doing a lot better than my standard team so far - there are no climbers in it though, so I don't hold out much hope of staying top after Thursday. Nice to get a mention tho, thanks Ray!

How does you team stack up to mine? As im hoping to do well thursday and the rest of the race, considering Gallopin came 3rd on green mountain last year and I have Velits

My team is

Sagan
Gilbert
Gallopin
P Velits
Ellisonde
Kittel
Appollonio
Goddaert
Fortin

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

A Quick recap of the Forum' Scorum's Overall Top 10

1 Veelers Wheel Wig_Billy 3283
2 purefantasy Alan Tullett 2875
3 Queens Park Riders ray silvester 2873
4 Team Sky Blue NeilG83 2848
5 Rule #5 livestrongnick 2734
6 skidders skeletons stevemarks 2709
7 OJB Racing obutterwick 2687
8 Les Miserables 2013 JAndrewHill 2650
8= Ratcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 2650
10 The Pigeons chrisdstripes 2638

Considering i've not had a score over 180, no top 10's in any races i'm pretty chuffed to be 5th overall in this league  36

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I think a 4 transfer transition into a predominately sprint friendly stage may see a few moves tomorrow.....All in on Cav+Greipel or spread the load amongst the likes of Hutarovich,Van Hummel,Blythe,DeMare and dare I say Farrar?

Leigh Howard and Chris Sutton would be my bargain picks.

Damn shame it was cancelled as i had Cav, Blythe and Howard in my standard and Cav,Greipel, Howard purist:''(

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Quite a few people on the forum said they were stacking their teams for Omloop with a chance of KBK being cancelled so if anyone got an advantage from that then Chapeau!!

I did fine for my normal team, but my purist was aimed as much at KBK as Omloop, so lost out there, as it would have been the same as my Omloop team, so lost on Paolini's points from that point of view

Not sure how to play the next too, im thinking Demare plus 2/3 cheap guys and 5 for Bianche in my purist team.
For standard look if any are riding both which i doubt, maybe Geraint. But only have six riding just Saymn for my 6 transfers

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Is that you TER on twitter @tommytwodarts?

Yes that is me

TERatcliffe26 replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

After ToQ final stage:A Cav-Like kick from enrique saw him score 209 pts and blow past simon F and livestrongnick to win the competition in the Forum's Scorum's with Wig_Billy just holding on to the purist title......and they go on the first post honours board.

Just a shame the extra transfers became available feel it mixed things up some what and gave a few teams a much needed life line......  39

Didn't change my team any as you will see from my score  19  20 despite having 1,2,3 as I had 1 and 3 already and just but in huntarovich for Guardini

enrique replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Yeah... I bought into the unlimited transfer opportunity big time, making 5 transfers, but, you didn't make any changes to your team for Stage 6, did you, nick?... Well, it's kind of sad to win that way, but... It was fun... Sort of.. I'm a little disappointed it wasn't fair and square... and I am sorry if I took it away like that... My big prize was bringing in Keisse because he was the Lantern Rouge!  1

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Quite a few people on the forum said they were stacking their teams for Omloop with a chance of KBK being cancelled so if anyone got an advantage from that then Chapeau!!

I stacked my team for Omloop but still picked all the wrong guys anyway!

sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's a lame excuse to say Kenny106 was too late to the party to be the winner. He got the points so he gets the jersey. I finished 56th overall so there are obviously plenty of people who would have drubbed us all if they'd been in the Forum mini league. I don't know why they aren't in it but there you go.

I'm happy to have come top of the All Ireland vs Britain league, to be sure.

Can't wait for the next competition where my normal mediocrity will be resumed.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

What are your ideas for the ToQ guys?

Sprinters from teams that can TTT I reckon.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Purist wise it's just a case of picking the sprinters who'll perform. Cavendish, EBH, Sagan or whoever, you need to pick the guys who'll be top 5 each day. For the rest I agree, picking teammates of sprinters and TTT guys to try and pick up the odd points, not really going for breaks so much.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not sure Sagan is riding....he wasnt on the cycling fever startlist

0 likes

I think that if Cav can finish in the OPQS first 5 he has a genuine chance of winning the overall?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

My tactics, pick four expensive sprinters then try and scrounge together a half decent selection of 5 DSs for less than 20 credits...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My tactics. Get the riders I think can do something, then back them up with a cheap DS from the team  19

Also, same tactics as the TdU, No home nation riders....SO no Qatar riders in my teams  26

0 likes

Everyone set for the ToQ?

I've got the following in my standard team

Kruopis
EBH
Cav
Modolo
Guardini
Bewley
Velits
Rasch
Van Avermaet(what a bargain!!!)

My big fears are Degenkolb(it was he or EBH) and Spartacus(coming in for the TTT) to be honest.

I'll reveal purist after stage 1(if anyone's interested after a relative flop in Oz)

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im all set but im not revealing, alls I will say is I have 4 the same as you for my normal team and 6 in my purist team

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm unsure whether to pick Cancellara, Thomas or Flecha at any point this week. Each could have a go if the race breaks up but might not compete in the sprints. Flecha too should lose time in the TTT on the others if things go to form.

I also reckon Velits is going to be a popular pick for Monday before being dropped by everyone  4

0 likes

I'd rather Van Hummel than Flecha if anyone from Vacansoleil....consistent top tenner in the TDF sprints.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

True, but given how well Boonen does each year it seems that being a strong rider is more important than being a fast sprinter if you want to do well in the overall.

That's my decision, everything suggests a sprinters race but every year the stronger riders do well. In theory Cav should be unbeatable but I doubt it'll work out that way.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

ive got kreder from vaconsoleil in my purist team, I did have Markus in my normal team till i decided to change it.

I may have Cancellara in for the TTT

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've gone for a south east asian...if it comes off, i doubt many other will have picked him....and hes not japanese

0 likes

After ToQ Stage 1

Kenny 106 leads the Forum's Scorum's overall(standard)whilst Gkam is miles clear in the purist.

Nearly nicked the stage with my purist team thanks mainly to Elmiger but beaten by a point by Stumps' standard team who was probably the star performer on the day with his purist 8th on the day also.....My standard team had a shocker!!

Chapeau to anyone who got a podium badge on that stage.

Going to go Bookwalter and Rast in for Bewley(forced-out of race))and Modolo(weakest of my sprinters in terms of TTT) for stage 2 in my standard team.....can't see Elmiger's IAM squad living with Brent's BMC or Greg's RSN in a TTT so figuring he'll drop down the GC considerably(and he's already paid his way for my purists).

Incidentally.....anyone joining is welcome but end of stage 4 is cut off point for ToQ honours(see competition winners in the first post) whilst let's say the END of the Giro is the cut off for overall honours.

0 likes

Modolo's out...Fractured scaphoid!!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ouch, nearly picked him but glad I didn't!

0 likes

Not a podium badge though?

After Stage 2:
Livestrongnick takes over in Gold for the Forum's Scorum's ToQ but Stumps is showing great form currently 2nd and 4th for his standard and purist teams respectively.....obviously he leads the purists in Qatar.

Top 3 overall(Kenny106,Alan Tullett and Wig_Billy) remain the same but it has certainly tightened up a bit and dare I say I was the improver of the day moving into the top 10(8th)after a pretty good TTT. GKam remains more than 160pts clear of the nearest overall purist rival.

I bought in Blythe and Delle-Stelle for Van Avermaet and Rast for stage 3 thinking that with Modolo out Delle-Stelle may be the go to sprinter on his team and Blythe over Van Avermaet purely on youth points.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just realised I'm 3rd and 7th in here for ToQ. Didn't expect that  4 Shame I've got Modolo in my purists.

Pages

Latest Comments