Go Pro - watch out if it goes wrong!

by RouleurTwo   December 3, 2012  

Go Pros are very good cameras - but God help you if it goes wrong. Mine crashed after a firmware update. It had to be returned to California, at my cost, for assessment and replacement. This took eight weeks - and at the time of writing it has still not been replaced. That's because Go Pro mislabelled it on the Customs form and the courier tried to hit me for a 20% VAT charge. Regardless of that, eight weeks plus is a ridiculous amount of time for a defective item to be replaced. Go Pro have no warranty support in Europe - everything is routed through California and everything is painfully slow. I paid for the camera in good faith and now have been deprived of its use for 8 straight weeks and counting. Disgraceful – you have been warned

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Just the same as Contour, if you have a major problem, It has to be sent back to America

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8159 posts]
3rd December 2012 - 14:45

like this
Like (2)

interesting, I'm thinking a camera would be a good idea, but not on those terms. Thanks.

Dodging the saccadic masking

posted by notfastenough [2607 posts]
3rd December 2012 - 14:51

like this
Like (4)

notfastenough wrote:
interesting, I'm thinking a camera would be a good idea, but not on those terms. Thanks.

I agree with you but have you looked at the hyvid range of cameras, I have the 1080 sport over four (trouble free) years now plus it's not as bulky/non aerodynamic as a go pro

FATBEGGARONABIKE's picture

posted by FATBEGGARONABIKE [484 posts]
4th December 2012 - 9:41

like this
Like (2)

Yeah I sent mine away earlier this year for repair/replacement. Took about 5 weeks to get it back Sick

posted by SammyG [290 posts]
5th December 2012 - 7:41

like this
Like (0)

http://www.madison.co.uk/gopro/support

we send ours back to madison for warranty.

posted by Lost faith in t... [109 posts]
9th December 2012 - 13:14

like this
Like (1)