Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

My Appeal/Auction

That other thread is now over 100 comments long and its taking ages to scroll down them all. So I thought I'd start a simple one here, listing auction items promised/in the post to me so far and asking if anyone else has contacts they can use to get more.

http://www.gofundme.com/Gkam84

It doesn't have to be cycling related. Just anything that might raise some money for my appeal? Get in touch.

Guitaristkam [at] gmail.com

So far conformation's are these

3 commissioned pictures (On route, Pictures will follow)
1 signed print from Richard Mitchelson (GOT)
Autographed (not printed) Philippe Gilbert world champion picture from BMC (GOT)
Item from James Nash (BTCC) (On route, Pictures will follow)
Jersey from James McCallum (Rapha Condor Sharp) (On route, Pictures will follow)
Limited edition First Day Cover signed by Dani King (GOT)
Some Items from Katusha (On route, Pictures will follow)
About 10 Relief Prints from Raleigh (member here)(Some time in January)
Team Colombia Coldeportes 2012 Kit Michael Rodriguez Team Issue http://www.colombiacoldeportes.com/rider/rodriguez-galindo-michael/(GOT)
Pair of VIP tickets to Brands Hatch from Team ES Racing.com (BTCC)
Some items Yanto Barker (UK Youth) (On route, Pictures will follow)
A copy of ProCycling Manager 2012 (GOT)
Pair of signed Freddie Rodriguez signature arm-warmers (January
Signed print from Garmin (GOT)
A sample Castelli Contatto Jersey from Ciao Scorpione (GOT)
A pair of Trigger glasses and a multi tube from Endura (GOT)

Then I have a massive list of those looking into things or who have not replied yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

33 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Will be chasing up the rest of the items tomorrow to try and get this auction started and let you all know where the money will be heading in a "Pay it forward" kind of thing.

I will be helping a 10 year old get a bike suited to his needs with all the money raised from the auction  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

A Picture, I THINK the signatures are the guys below
http://gkam84.tk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DSCF0942.jpg

Thomas Danielson
Tyler Farrar
Nathan Haas
Alex Howes
Peter Stetina
Christian Vande Velde
David Zabriskie
Lachlan Morton

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I thought you might.....Its massive and I'll count the signatures later, see if I can make any of the out and take a picture  3  3

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ooh, I like that poster...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Signed poster from Garmin

This one, hand signed by riders, lots of them, but I have no clue which ones

http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/media/catalog/product/g/a/garmin_pos...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sooooooooo, I said stop press earlier, GO GO GO

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/velozone/je-james-cycles-assist-fellow-cy...

I now need to work out about this raffle, items are still on their way to me at the moment. So some will be raffle, some auction and any money left over will be going to charity. That will be decided by all those who have donated, I'll put out a poll in due course.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

They'll unfortunately be finished after your auction, late January, but I can still send them up. On Christmas Holidays as of Tomorrow Morning, so no access to the Print Studios, but I've done all the groundwork, just need to crank them out, number them and package.

Gkam84 replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

They'll unfortunately be finished after your auction, late January, but I can still send them up. On Christmas Holidays as of Tomorrow Morning, so no access to the Print Studios, but I've done all the groundwork, just need to crank them out, number them and package.

Not to worry dude, whenever they are ready, I can still say to people they are on their way  3

Was just looking for confirmation that we were still on for them. Thanks for your help with it.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Any joy with those prints young sir?

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

The clock on Road.cc seems to be a bit wrong.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmm Intriguing, you made that comment at 17.09, and this one is at 16.48

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

STOP PRESS.......HAMMER TIME

Announcement coming soon.....NO I'm not pregnant  19  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

OH MY FLAMING GOD.

I'm not going to put anyone down. All donations are equally as important, but I just got this one  4  4  4  4

Davis Phinney donated £100.00
You are a great example to all - most especially those of us in the Parkinson's community. Go Keith!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah just under 83% but it rounds things up  4

So that's why I'm not going to try getting stupid money for any items that are donated and I also think its a fair way to give something back to people who have kindly donated (without the thought of getting anything in return)

Here are a couple of pictures, the Dani King and Gilbert items

http://t.co/cRyL8tFF
http://t.co/4ZUrHeIh

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Er, but that doesn't raise extra?

Don't get me wrong, I've donated so it works for me, but it only generates more if you manage to keep the momentum going via other channels (outside road.cc).

EDIT: HOLY SH*T, I've been away for a few days and you're at 83%!  4 Forget the above, looks like you'll be ordering before xmas at this rate.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Right, Dani King signed limited edition first day cover came today. I have pretty much made up my mind to run it as a raffle.

So for every £5 donated = 1 ticket into the raffle.

Does that sound fair? Rather than things going for stupid prices on ebay or auction?

I may still auction on or two items, but the majority will be raffle prizes, drawn by someone independent from my appeal.

SO everyone that has already donated is in the hat  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

#ootnaboot it is, as I just searched it in twitter, only 1 tweet that had it.....perfect  1 I've updated the quote  3

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Something simple #backcycling or #ootnaboot ? Will have a ponder. Be glad you're indoors. Too many clueless winter drivers around. Look after your self.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't but if you think of one there are still 14 characters to be used, I could always pull the spare a tweet part aswell??

All is as well as it can be, inches of snow, roads closed, accidents everywhere, -7 over night, but I don't go out, so it doesn't affect me really  3

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hoping all well with you in the snowy north. Just thinking. Do you have a #tag that could go with the tweet?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just received a HAND SIGNED, Philippe Gilbert world champion picture from BMC. Very nice it is aswell  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So you lovely bunch, If you have twitter, I'd love it if you could post this daily??

Quote:

Spare a tweet per day? Make your tweet count! Donate one tweet a day to help me get back cycling http://www.gofundme.com/Gkam84 @Gkam84 #ootnaboot

0 likes

Hmm, suddenly that's back in fashion as well! Looks good.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It doesn't have to be folding, but it would be a million times easier if it was, just for putting it in the shed, house or wherever on my own, Otherwise I'd need a hand to take it out and put it away everytime  3

My first item arrived this morning in the post, thanks to Richard Mitchelson www.richmitch.co.uk (richmitch) Its a Greg print

http://lowres-picturecabinet.com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/69/main/1/43...

0 likes

Hadn't thought of that - does it need to be folding?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah, got my beanie on and was sitting in my sleeping bag at the time, trying to save as much cash on heating because I'm home all day. But I get your point about hiding. I hide most of my life at the moment.

The video wasn't really for the public, just for GoFundMe to take snips from and use in one of their videos.

I'm thinking some of the items are going to have to go to ebay. Just because of the volume that goes through there. Then some on my site and some as raffles for donation's.

I've made contact at the second hand one, but haven't heard back. Seems expensive for what it is, so waiting on specs. The only thing being that it might not be folding.

0 likes

Trying to, although the rubbish internet link at work is making it stutter. First impressions are very good, although behind the hoody, beard, specs and beanie, you seem as if you're hiding a little. I appreciate that may actually be the case (recording yourself is nerve-racking), and I hope you don't mind me being honest. That said, all four of those things often describe my appearance as well and I'm fairly confident, so I may be talking utter nonsense - actually, maybe it's because you're sat back, almost 'inside' the hoody. But anyway, I'm nitpicking, it looks good for the bits I've seen.

On the wider issue, I'm thinking you probably just need to ebay the majority of the items you have. Maybe have a couple just for road.cc or whatever, but this place probably doesn't have the traffic to, for example, drive up the price of the Dani King first day cover. You're at £1100 now, it wouldn't surprise me if you were able to generate the same again from the auction items. If that 2nd hand trike turns out to be right for you, all the better.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Anyone watched my awkward video??

Footfall through the page is slowly going down, any ideas to get it up again?

I'm still bashing out the link on twitter all the time....

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wow, I think I just about did my video alright, so nervous just speaking to my own camera with no-one around and talking about myself.

Hi its me.......I will be shaving soon, I was using Movember as a nice excuse to grow the beard in again

http://youtu.be/dCYlT-bpJtU

Pages

Latest Comments