Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Any cat owners?

Completely non bike related but any fellow cat owners on the forum?

Cat haters need not reply  3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Now just one 16 year old still quite noisy tabby, my black one died at the beginning of last year. Both from the same mum, but different litters. Odd, but since the black one died, the tabby is much more friendly and my boys (4 & 6) play with her a lot more, bu prior to that the black one was the friendly one...
sweet thread, thanks

samjdalton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yup, 3 burmese - two male and one female ranging from 9 to 1 year old. They are indoor cats and really very affectionate - then spend most of the evenings curled up on my lap (a great excuse to be lazy!)

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Excellent responses chaps. Good to see I am not alone in both in cat owning and the fact that she is an indoor cat too.

For the dog owners, well maybe a thread of their own can be started.

Just got back from the vets with mine and she has the all clear after being spayed the other day.

Municipal Waste | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have one cat of my own and then at my girlfriend's house there's a stray that I always let in because it's comical and meows all the time  35

antonio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lost my cat earlier this year, a real character, she featured regularly in my club run write up epilogues for the welcome home I got. I'd like another but pets are very tying for a cyclist who likes the odd weekend away, more so if you live on your own.

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

A 3 year old tabby, black and white - the only colour to be  4

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

Years back took in two strays, one white, one black, mother and daughter I reckon... then took in a tabby kitten... and nearly the kitten's mother and the rest of the litter but ended up finding new homes for them instead.

Like I said, that was years ago... wife is absolutely *not* a cat person, but persuaded me to get us a miniature schnauzer 4 years ago who I adore. Much higher maintenance than a cat, mind...

Littlesox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rescue, neutered Tom. All black - except little white blaze. Name....Inky

Lazy, fat, sleeps most of the time

Very poor hunter - took him 3 weeks to catch the mouse living under the cooker.

Bullies the dogs - the big lab is scared of him

Wouldn't have him any other way

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

I want one for my black lab to play with  19

jova54 | 11 years ago
0 likes

We have two. Brother and sister black and white. We've had them for 6 years and got them from the local cat rescue.
Wouldn't be the same without a cat or two around the house. We've been married for 32 years and have had cats for all bar two of those years.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dog owner

joemmo | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 year old female tabby rescue cat. Loud meower and a bit smelly but completely unfazed by the attentions of our 6 and 1 year old kids

PhilRuss | 11 years ago
0 likes

[[[[[ Why are you asking?
P.R.

Super Domestique replied to PhilRuss | 11 years ago
0 likes
PhilRuss wrote:

[[[[[ Why are you asking?
P.R.

Why not?

It's the talk about anything forum and I felt like talking about cats  1

CraigS | 11 years ago
0 likes

Two British shorthairs. Both live indoors, like my bike so had to purchase one of these to stop the cream one covering herself in grease:

http://sportandspeed.co.uk/products/SCICON-Rear-Bike-Cover.html

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ours (I should have said) is a Bengal, she is nearly 6 months old and completely runs our house, of course.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

i want a burmese but snowflake the budgie isn't keen...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't own one buy I REALLY want a Savannah  22

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep. Two rescues, both girls.

Latest Comments