Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Carbon bike hunting, any ideas?

Been reading road.cc articles for a few years now, but never looked at the forum before. So hi  9

Anyway, i'm on the hunt in the winter sales for a carbon bike, on a budget of a thousand pounds. I had my heart set on either a Cube Agree 105 or a Focus Cayo 3.0. But neither of them seems to come down in price yet, while i see other nice bikes appearing and getting sold out. Anyone got an idea why these two bikes are not getting reduced (yet)? Or what else to get in my budget? Few limitations: i'm a Shimano man so no Campa or SRAM, and good as they may be i'll pass on Boardmans.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

34 comments

Nzlucas replied to Municipal Waste | 11 years ago
0 likes

I work in the trade and here's my 2 cents.

The wiggins effect means road bikes should so well over summer there was no need the discount them heavily cause there were not many left.

Secondly, 2013 bikes are getting de-specc'ed for a slight or no price decrease so 2012 bikes offer better value money, if you can find one.

Thirdly cube agrees sold very well and we had none left before the end of the summer, BUT the internal routing has the potential to upset the rear gear changes so this years cabling in external again.

Cheers

Littlesox replied to Municipal Waste | 11 years ago
0 likes
Municipal Waste wrote:

39 Interesting... A carbon fibre road bike with full 105 that's on sale for 45% off when nearly every major bike manufacturer has sold out of their stock months ago, must be a cracker  10

Don't know - they seem to be OK. Guy I know has a Ridley Noah for TT, and it's a decent bike.

Wiggle are also offering a Felt F5 for 1100 and a Raleigh SP Comp for 1000.

Both are carbon and with 105

Dutchie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Some interesting insights there Nzlucas

Municipal Waste wrote:

39 Interesting... A carbon fibre road bike with full 105 that's on sale for 45% off when nearly every major bike manufacturer has sold out of their stock months ago, must be a cracker  10

I think there are more factors in bike sales than the quality of the bike that determine whether there are stocks going away at discounted prices at the end of the season. Trade is not as straight forward as that.

Also love how several people have stated i'm wrong in looking for a carbon bike and coming up with aluminium bikes without knowing anything about me, the type of rider i am and my demands from a bike  3

Pages

Latest Comments