Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Mudguards for a 2012 Whyte Montpellier

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a second hand 2012 whyte montellier and it's a lovely bike to ride, very light and fast. However at this time of year, it would be nice to get it set up with mudguards. As far as I can see, it's got eyelets for guards and a rack at the back, but annoyingly, nothing at the front. Not eyelets at the bottom of the fork and as it's disc-braked, no calliper mounting hole at the top, not even a hole underneath the fork. I can't even fit crud roadracers.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could mount a proper front mudguard on it? I know I could fit P-clips to the blades but there's nothing to mount to at the top. My only thought so far is the SKS raceblades which should be mountable at the front, but as I've got full support at the back I'd really like to have a properly mounted and full size guard there if possible.

Alternately, does anyone know if it's possible to buy front and back guard seperately? then I could buy a front raceblade and a rear raceblade long or something like that?

I really would prefer road style guards rather than MTB ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments