Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

which bmx

Ok folks, now that i've got the bib tights for my bro the next one on my list is a bmx for my son.

He is 9yrs old and i've been advised to get a 20" bike.

Looked at a few so far and slimmed it down to a Mongoose, a Diamondback or a Haro (never heard of them previously). Each one is around the £150 mark so any pitfalls to avoid on each make can you let me know. Ta.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

cheers mate, believe it or not the Haro is the cheapest so far.

daddyELVIS | 11 years ago
0 likes

There's probably not a lot of difference between them at that price range, unless one is a 2012 model and the others are 2013 (as the 2012 model should have a higher RRP before discount).

Haro is the best 'name' out of that bunch. Bob Haro was a BMX rider in the 70's & 80's, and started building his own bikes in the 80's.

You might want to have a look at another make to compare to: Ruption.

You might have to go up to approx £170 for a bottom-end Ruption Force, or the next model up is the Ruption Phase - you might get lucky and find a 2012 model on offer close to budget.

I'm buying a BMX for my 5 year old - so I've been doing a bit of 'research'. Problem is, I want one too  20

Latest Comments