which bmx

by stumps   November 22, 2012  

Ok folks, now that i've got the bib tights for my bro the next one on my list is a bmx for my son.

He is 9yrs old and i've been advised to get a 20" bike.

Looked at a few so far and slimmed it down to a Mongoose, a Diamondback or a Haro (never heard of them previously). Each one is around the £150 mark so any pitfalls to avoid on each make can you let me know. Ta.

2 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

There's probably not a lot of difference between them at that price range, unless one is a 2012 model and the others are 2013 (as the 2012 model should have a higher RRP before discount).

Haro is the best 'name' out of that bunch. Bob Haro was a BMX rider in the 70's & 80's, and started building his own bikes in the 80's.

You might want to have a look at another make to compare to: Ruption.

You might have to go up to approx £170 for a bottom-end Ruption Force, or the next model up is the Ruption Phase - you might get lucky and find a 2012 model on offer close to budget.

I'm buying a BMX for my 5 year old - so I've been doing a bit of 'research'. Problem is, I want one too Crying

posted by daddyELVIS [337 posts]
23rd November 2012 - 0:01

like this
Like (0)

cheers mate, believe it or not the Haro is the cheapest so far.

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2642 posts]
23rd November 2012 - 10:05

like this
Like (1)