Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

finally FINALLY! picking up my road bike today :-)

will FINALLY be picking up my new tarmac sport bike between 1-2pm toady  4

i cannot tell you how excited i am (like a kid waiting for xmas day  4 seriously have wanted a decent road bike for 20+ years

won't be riding that far on it today (as it's raining/pretty windy also here in wiltshire),but will be doing a short video of said bike (and what it feels like for a non roadie to ride it  3

allez my friends  36

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

@ op

If, like me, you enjoy reading test reports on your bikes. (even if it is agree / disagree)

Well, heads up for Jan cycling plus as it is in there. May well be on bike radar soon too.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Better late than never lol.

Sorry I had already posted on the bad weather thread and a comment on the Vid.

Yet never one to disappoint, here I am!

Stunning bike, of course, the Tarmac. Better than sliced bread.*

* this may or may not be actually true

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Here he comes,,,,, he won't be long,,,,,, Wait for it,,,,,, It's a tarmac,,,,, he won't be able to resist,,,,, here he comes,,,,
Enter - SUPER DOMESTIQUE.  4  4

The Tarmac Lover....

Regards,

Trikeman.  1

Littlesox | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm in the same boat.
Take delivery of a new Giant Defy 2 on 17th December. Can't wait. 1st new bike for years. My X-mas eve will be the 16th. Santa is on an early shift in Shropshire

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

That was exactly what I was going to say Trikeman, Just like a kid at Christmas.

I love your enthusiasm, I just wonder why you are not fitting clipless until you pay off the bike?

That's the first thing I would recommend on a top bike like that, you will notice a much bigger output if you are clipped in to the pedals  3

Enjoy yourself, ride safe and try to keep off the pavements.

Kam

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well done old chap - you certainly are like a kid at Christmas.... I bet you will always go the long way home on her.
I can remember being the same when my Father bought me my first real bike (after the Raliegh Chopper) all those years ago - a Peugeot (did well on that puppy too).

Anyway, good luck with your Tarmac, a fine bike and especially for a 'first' bike - some would kill for one like that - welcome to the tarmac club.
Just wait until 'another certain Tarmac owner' gets on here.  1

Stay safe, enjoy and look after your steed.

Congratulations.

Regards,
Trikeman.  3

racefaceec90 | 11 years ago
0 likes

thanks a lot therevokid  4

have finally got back,from picking the new bike up.man it is fantastic to look at (looks fast even stood still  4

unfortunately i really am unfit,so was riding it pretty slow (part of my excuse was getting used to riding it  3 it feels very stiff,but compliant at the same time (ooer missus  3

i got used to the position a lot quicker than i thought i would also (the gears need to be slightly adjusted next time i go to the shop).

even though i was slow riding it,i could feel the untapped potential the bike has (for "when" i do get fitter).

anyhoo i'll shut up now,but i did 3 short videos of my new bike  4

part 1 of 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFM7nP8FIo

part 2 of 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdRYsfakEzs

part 3 of 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgvsP6xzv8

thank you and goodnight  3

therevokid | 11 years ago
0 likes

congrats and welcome aboard  4

Latest Comments