Home

will FINALLY be picking up my new tarmac sport bike between 1-2pm toady  4

i cannot tell you how excited i am (like a kid waiting for xmas day  4 seriously have wanted a decent road bike for 20+ years

won't be riding that far on it today (as it's raining/pretty windy also here in wiltshire),but will be doing a short video of said bike (and what it feels like for a non roadie to ride it  3

allez my friends  36

8 comments

therevokid [928 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

congrats and welcome aboard  4

racefaceec90 [33 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

thanks a lot therevokid  4

have finally got back,from picking the new bike up.man it is fantastic to look at (looks fast even stood still  4

unfortunately i really am unfit,so was riding it pretty slow (part of my excuse was getting used to riding it  3 it feels very stiff,but compliant at the same time (ooer missus  3

i got used to the position a lot quicker than i thought i would also (the gears need to be slightly adjusted next time i go to the shop).

even though i was slow riding it,i could feel the untapped potential the bike has (for "when" i do get fitter).

anyhoo i'll shut up now,but i did 3 short videos of my new bike  4

part 1 of 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFM7nP8FIo

part 2 of 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdRYsfakEzs

part 3 of 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgvsP6xzv8

thank you and goodnight  3

trikeman [309 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Well done old chap - you certainly are like a kid at Christmas.... I bet you will always go the long way home on her.
I can remember being the same when my Father bought me my first real bike (after the Raliegh Chopper) all those years ago - a Peugeot (did well on that puppy too).

Anyway, good luck with your Tarmac, a fine bike and especially for a 'first' bike - some would kill for one like that - welcome to the tarmac club.
Just wait until 'another certain Tarmac owner' gets on here.  1

Stay safe, enjoy and look after your steed.

Congratulations.

Regards,
Trikeman.  3

Gkam84 [9080 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

That was exactly what I was going to say Trikeman, Just like a kid at Christmas.

I love your enthusiasm, I just wonder why you are not fitting clipless until you pay off the bike?

That's the first thing I would recommend on a top bike like that, you will notice a much bigger output if you are clipped in to the pedals  3

Enjoy yourself, ride safe and try to keep off the pavements.

Kam

Littlesox [78 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm in the same boat.
Take delivery of a new Giant Defy 2 on 17th December. Can't wait. 1st new bike for years. My X-mas eve will be the 16th. Santa is on an early shift in Shropshire

trikeman [309 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Here he comes,,,,, he won't be long,,,,,, Wait for it,,,,,, It's a tarmac,,,,, he won't be able to resist,,,,, here he comes,,,,
Enter - SUPER DOMESTIQUE.  4 4

The Tarmac Lover....

Regards,

Trikeman.  1

Super Domestique [1596 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Better late than never lol.

Sorry I had already posted on the bad weather thread and a comment on the Vid.

Yet never one to disappoint, here I am!

Stunning bike, of course, the Tarmac. Better than sliced bread.*

* this may or may not be actually true

Super Domestique [1596 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

@ op

If, like me, you enjoy reading test reports on your bikes. (even if it is agree / disagree)

Well, heads up for Jan cycling plus as it is in there. May well be on bike radar soon too.