Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

what pump do you use? (for >100 psi presta)

Turns out I have been under-inflating my Fortezza tricomps.

I'm not sure the pump I'm using will get them over 100psi.

I'm also using a schrader to presta adapter which probably doesn't help matters.

Supposedly the psi for the tyres is 116-175

What do you use?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I paid £15 in Edinburgh Bike Co-op for a Revolution ('Sport'?) model, I can't believe how much elbow grease was needed using my mini pump compared to this!

Saint Mikie 41 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Tesco track pump, does a cracking job and was cheap as Tesco chips.

dave95 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, that Tesco pump looks a good shout

~ 15 quid, presta without adapter and rated to 160psi think I'll try and grab one if they have one round here

aende | 11 years ago
0 likes

Joe blow Sport at home.

Crank Brother mini high pressure on the road.

Both go well over 100psi without too much bother.

Sam Alison | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lezyne here as well. Though the stock screw on heads can be pretty annoying when they unscrew valve cores. I replaced mine with a Hirame head.

cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes

Topeak Joe blow sprint track pump and never had any problems achieving high pressures.

TheHatter | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lezyne track pump and lezyne road drive. Both do the job - not cheap but you'll love them forever!

darth989 | 11 years ago
0 likes

ive just got the cheapest track pump i could get in tesco, does the job as well as any other and was cheap as chips.

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bontrager track pump (though a clubmate has a lovely Lezyne with nifty head that is tempting).

Latest Comments