Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS

Completely by chance I clicked on Gkan84's sig, wondering what it was about.

Turns out he (Keith) is suffering early onset Parkinson's and is after money to buy himself a recumbent trike so he can keep riding. He's 28.

By the look of it he's only had his fundme page open for a short while. I suspect he's being polite and not putting a direct link to it himself on the forum just yet?!

He's chosen a nice trike to aim for:
http://www.icetrikes.co/explore-our-trikes/sprint#

So, first of all wouldn't hurt to give the Keith a little money would it? I've started the pot with a measly tenner, but I figure there's quite a few of us here for whom a tenner represents just about nothing, so... it's paypal so use a bit of your 'bike fund' like I did!

Secondly maybe we can find a way of getting something similar second hand or for a discount somewhere?

http://www.gofundme.com/Gkam84

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

113 comments

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Heck, I don't know - Cartman?!  4

Pale blue kit - Tom Boonen?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I asked her to switch up the kit as I didn't want to run into any copyright, but as she's done it, it suits next season's for this rider  3

0 likes

oh ok, is it Cav?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It is indeed.  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

AH, I need help.......I've been asked to provide a "success story" to go fund me site by the 7th Dec.

With the chance to win an Ipad Mini and £100 towards my appeal......

This is it took me a number of weeks to write and publish my story in the first place and there are rules to the story. I must sit and make eye contact with the camera.....blah blah blah.

Christ, I would love an Ipad mini for the auction.....What do I say.  1

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

The very fact that you posted it, and all the commenting here proves that you've built up the confidence to tell people about your cause.

That's pretty good.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

That's true. I am busy writing the dark bits that I left out of my story for a suicide prevention charity who saw my story.

I should just make the video and get on with it. Tomorrow's job, look out a beanie and smile for the camera  1

0 likes

You talk about your depression and lack of confidence, but Raleighs right, the candor with which you discuss those things on here is to be respected. Go back and read that long thread on depression (from maybe a year ago?), I was new here and that was a bit of an eye-opener. It suggested that people here, yourself among them, were as friendly, honest and intelligent as a virtual community could be expected to be.

I've tried recording my own voice and thought it sounded as odd as a lemonade sandwich, but that would apply to any of us.

Go for it!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I suppose if I can do it, it gets more publicity for my page.

I find talking on here/the internet alot easier than trying to talk face to face. I can barely hold a conversation with a shop keeper in "real" life when feeling like this, Some days are better than others. But tomorrow, I shall sit in front of my contour and get something sorted  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

First drawing fully finished. Loving the work aswell. If you would like to see it. Please use the contact form on my website and I'll send you a picture of it.

Very interesting take she has on the picture I gave her to work from  26

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So my artist friend didn't tempt you, How does a Richard Mitchelson signed print grab your fancy?  3

0 likes

Depends what of...

I do like the sound of the drawing as well actually, but can just wait until all is revealed anyway.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

From Richards email

"It will either be one of my cycling legends portraits or something that's appeared in Rouleur magazine"

jogler | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hello Gkam

I havean ICE Trice which I am considering selling for approx £1800 & delivery.
It's actuall my wife's trike which has had very little use in the 4 or 5years she has owned it due to orthopeadic problems
FYI I am near Stoke-on-Trent Staffordshire.
If this is of interst let me know & I can email details & pics to you

Regards
jogler

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Check your email, I messaged you earlier when you posted on my other thread to find out more information.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So you lovely bunch, If you have twitter, I'd love it if you could post this daily??

Quote:

Spare a tweet per day? Make your tweet count! Donate one tweet a day to help me get back cycling http://www.gofundme.com/Gkam84 @Gkam84

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

No smartphone for me  20
I am hope Santa is going to bring one soon  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

You don't need a smart phone to tweet  1

I don't own a mobile phone anymore since mine packed up in the summer  26

Saintyl | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just put a bit in the fund, fingers crossed you get to your target soon and back out on the roads  3

paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It just told me I couldn't pay!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Paypal told you that or GoFundMe?

paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorted now. Shame I didn't get my donation in before JE James stepped in to steal my thunder! Happy to chip in for whatever (bike?) charity you choose to support.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No worries Paul. Its all something in the pot. Plus you are now in the raffle for item's that I've been donated  26

Pages

Latest Comments