Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS

Completely by chance I clicked on Gkan84's sig, wondering what it was about.

Turns out he (Keith) is suffering early onset Parkinson's and is after money to buy himself a recumbent trike so he can keep riding. He's 28.

By the look of it he's only had his fundme page open for a short while. I suspect he's being polite and not putting a direct link to it himself on the forum just yet?!

He's chosen a nice trike to aim for:
http://www.icetrikes.co/explore-our-trikes/sprint#

So, first of all wouldn't hurt to give the Keith a little money would it? I've started the pot with a measly tenner, but I figure there's quite a few of us here for whom a tenner represents just about nothing, so... it's paypal so use a bit of your 'bike fund' like I did!

Secondly maybe we can find a way of getting something similar second hand or for a discount somewhere?

http://www.gofundme.com/Gkam84

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

113 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Paypal told you that or GoFundMe?

paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sorted now. Shame I didn't get my donation in before JE James stepped in to steal my thunder! Happy to chip in for whatever (bike?) charity you choose to support.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No worries Paul. Its all something in the pot. Plus you are now in the raffle for item's that I've been donated  26

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes????  19

0 likes

Eh? I posted "drum roll..." inside some pointy brackets, referring to the suspense. Maybe funny formatting killed it.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah right......

Another confirmation.....Who's gonna be bidding on this beauty??

A limited edition First Day Cover signed by Dani King  4

0 likes

What's a first day cover?

Ah, Google thinks it's stamps - has she signed ones with her on or something?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think so, every gold medallist got a stamp, I don't know whats limited edition about it though.

Another confirmation

Quote:

Dear Keith,

Thank you very much for your letter.

We have seen your video, it is very touchable... So the management of the team decided to sent to you some materials, that left from this season.

Could you be so kind to send your home address, in order we would be able to send the material to you.

With our kindest regards,

KATUSHA TEAM
www.katushateam.com

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

First Day Cover is a commemorative envelope the Royal Mail issue with each new set of stamps, postmarked the day they were issued (hence the name)  26

Sometimes restricted to a certain number, hence the limited edition. My mum started me off on a collection in the mid-70s, then I discovered punk and she gave up...

Dani King signed FDC bound to appeal to a collector.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah ha, So its not a set of stamps. I was hoping it was going to be one of those HUGE stamps the riders got presented with to stand beside their gold post box  19

0 likes

I was hoping it would be Dani King in the post.

Glad to see your video is 'touchable' Keith, that's some weird technology you've used there!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I did wonder, then I thought......Hmmmmm Russian's. I wonder if it was a leggy blonde, she can touch my video.....

Dani King in the post. Now that's an auction item I would have to try out first  19  19 But could try harder to get Laura Trott in the post and keep her  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Another tick to the donation of items box.....James Nash BTCC 2011 Independent Champion

Also happens to be my favourite driver since John Clelland, Kieth O'Dor and David Leslie circa 1991 (got my first VHS of them racing)  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So who wants to see a sneak peek at one of the commission's? Not finished, but I can show you a part....You name which part  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No-one? Everyone bedded then  20

I do want to show this young girl's work off

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

New tactic this morning, although I've been up all night.....I blame the full moon.

But I've been firing off emails like nobodies busy to management peoples. Can't say to much anymore about what I'm doing. Someone seems to be trying to copy everything I do  14

0 likes

Copy everything you do - WTF?!

Go on then, show us the top left of it...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well not copying exactly, but contacting people I have had success with securing a donation item and then asking them to donate to his fund raising for something else.

I don't believe he is a member of the forum either  26

Here is the top left, can you guess who it is yet?  19

Background has not been done yet

0 likes

Heck, I don't know - Cartman?!  4

Pale blue kit - Tom Boonen?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I asked her to switch up the kit as I didn't want to run into any copyright, but as she's done it, it suits next season's for this rider  3

0 likes

oh ok, is it Cav?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It is indeed.  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

AH, I need help.......I've been asked to provide a "success story" to go fund me site by the 7th Dec.

With the chance to win an Ipad Mini and £100 towards my appeal......

This is it took me a number of weeks to write and publish my story in the first place and there are rules to the story. I must sit and make eye contact with the camera.....blah blah blah.

Christ, I would love an Ipad mini for the auction.....What do I say.  1

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

The very fact that you posted it, and all the commenting here proves that you've built up the confidence to tell people about your cause.

That's pretty good.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

That's true. I am busy writing the dark bits that I left out of my story for a suicide prevention charity who saw my story.

I should just make the video and get on with it. Tomorrow's job, look out a beanie and smile for the camera  1

0 likes

You talk about your depression and lack of confidence, but Raleighs right, the candor with which you discuss those things on here is to be respected. Go back and read that long thread on depression (from maybe a year ago?), I was new here and that was a bit of an eye-opener. It suggested that people here, yourself among them, were as friendly, honest and intelligent as a virtual community could be expected to be.

I've tried recording my own voice and thought it sounded as odd as a lemonade sandwich, but that would apply to any of us.

Go for it!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I suppose if I can do it, it gets more publicity for my page.

I find talking on here/the internet alot easier than trying to talk face to face. I can barely hold a conversation with a shop keeper in "real" life when feeling like this, Some days are better than others. But tomorrow, I shall sit in front of my contour and get something sorted  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

First drawing fully finished. Loving the work aswell. If you would like to see it. Please use the contact form on my website and I'll send you a picture of it.

Very interesting take she has on the picture I gave her to work from  26

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So my artist friend didn't tempt you, How does a Richard Mitchelson signed print grab your fancy?  3

Pages

Latest Comments