Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

MKM Cycles

I was looking around Altrincham Traders Outlet today and found a small unit selling bikes and accessories.

Leaning on the back wall was a red 1970's style road bike, on closer inspection it was badged 'MKM' and had the same initials impressed into the fork.

The unit was unmanned, so I couldn't enquire about the origin of the bike. I don't think it was for sale as it had no price ticket.

Google reveals that MKM bikes were made in Harrogate for only 8 years, so this may be a rare example.

Anyone know anything more about them?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Partly both. I have a pretty good cycling knowledge base, but also know exactly how to find things on google, even if they don't seem to be searchable  26

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Keith, you never fail to amaze me with your arcane knowledge of obscure cycling trivia- either that or you're Googles number one customer!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is it for sale?

It will be rare because that are only around 50-70 known to the MKM enthusiasts to still be in existence and original.

If you are back there again, you might want to see if its for sale. If not, find out the frame number and let these guys know  3

http://www.mkm-cycles.co.uk/numbering.html

Also, if you look on the buying and selling link, it will give you a handy price guide of what they are worth. Not alot  4

Latest Comments