Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Some "lovely" journalism again

I'm really surprised that no-one has picked up on this and ripped Camilla Tominey a new one.....Only 18 comments, do your worst  19

Picked up from Rhys Lloyd's twitter

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357489/Lycraman-must-stop-saddling-u...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

FMOAB | 11 years ago
0 likes

Read it, wish I hadn't. Total shite, not worth responding to

paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Next to nobody reads the Express. In a couple of years time, its circulation will be as near zero as dammit.

daddyELVIS | 11 years ago
0 likes

My favourite line in this 'article':

"Don’t get me wrong, I actually love cycling. I just choose to do it in the safety and comfort of a spinning class at the gym."

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agree with comments above, but there is an absolute genius comment on there referring to Tominey's assertion that "my late mother had an affair with a cyclist":

Comment:

"Mrs Tominey and I had a torrid affair back when Camilla was a little girl. She was pure filth, I did things to her you wouldn't do to a farmyard animal.

What's that Camilla? I shouldn't attack dead people who have done nothing wrong and can't answer back?

Mmmmm."

Pure genius.

Farky | 11 years ago
0 likes

It just isnt worth a comment!

Clearly just trying to jump on the bandwagon to gain some attention and yes, her Editor should take the blunt end of the abuse for allowing it, but I wouldnt say a single statement she made would be worthy of my time.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

She commented

"When I was living in Kingston-upon-Thames, I lost count of the number of cyclists who used to think nothing of riding in the middle of the road, having a chat, seemingly oblivious to other road users, including pedestrians"

Since when do pedestrians walk down the centre of the road ?????

Utter drivel from a stupid pain in the arse.  14

Hoopdriver | 11 years ago
0 likes

Very lazy journalism indeed...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't mind seeing her Lycra clad  3

I just checked out her twitter, holding it together quite well.

I didn't know she's also a royal correspondent

"Royal Editor of the Sunday Express, NBC Royal expert and Royal correspondent for ITV's This Morning"

http://www.camillatominey.com/

Tony Farrelly | 11 years ago
0 likes

The word on Twitter seems to be that she's already apologised and is going out for a ride with one of the people that criticised her piece.

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you go on her twitter feed, it seems like she's doing an OK job of riding the storm of protest, even agreeing to go on a ride round London.

The article is, of course, unforgivable and it's really her editor who should shoulder the blame. He should have told her that this drivel is lazy and unacceptable. Hope she didn't get paid for it as she must've just cobbled it together using this:

http://aseasyasridingabike.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/the-terrible-journal...

Latest Comments