Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Reply from Karmarama

Just received this...

Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking time to email us on this distressing matter. I can assure you that we are all equally shocked at the distasteful, insensitive and entirely inappropriate messages conveyed in our name.
A colleague who had witnessed two horrendous cycling accidents in London, both of which resulted in the deaths of the cyclists, instigated this initiative. As a passionate cyclist, these tragedies have affected the individual deeply, and we can only presume encouraged this personal action. However, this was an entirely personal action, neither sanctioned nor supported by this company or our clients. The person responsible fully accepts it was wrong to do this, and apologises profusely to all fellow cyclists and anyone who has been distressed by this misguided and inappropriate initiative.
On behalf of the agency, we would like to add our apologies. We fully support cycling, have dozens of colleagues who cycle to work each day - and have never shared the position expressed in this campaign.
From Karmarama

-----Original Message-----
From: info [at] hspdigital.com [info [at] hspdigital.com]">mailto:info [at] hspdigital.com]
Sent: 12 November 2012 23:09
To: Reception
Subject: Contact form submission on karmarama.com

Dan (*******@****.com) has just left the following message: Regarding the cycling campaign, thanks for making riding more dangerous. Most of us don't ride like twats, but all you've achieved is to legitimise the anti-cycling mindset of the idiots who like to run us off the road...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

farrell | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hang on, when this first came out they apologised as a company;

Quote:

We're very sorry for the offence caused by our efforts to create debate around the critical issue of cycling safety.

We're hugely pro-cycling and wanted to do something that would highlight the plight of cyclists on the road, as well as open up a debate about some of the less smart practices a minority of cyclists follow, like jumping red lights.

Again, sorry for the offence caused, it won't happen again.

And again repeatedly on their twitter:

Quote:

Sorry for the offence caused by our attempts to highlight the issue of cycling safety. We made a big mistake

Simon E replied to farrell | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Sorry for the offence caused by our attempts to highlight the issue of cycling safety. We made a big mistake

If they really wanted to do something about cycle safety there are FAR better ways to do it! What they did was just an exercise in name-calling and abuse and no amount of excuses (nice try with the 'loose cannon' angle) or sweet-talking after they were rumbled will change that.

Luv2Cycle | 11 years ago
0 likes

One of the tweets from tzvister giving an apology to cyclingmikey for stealing his video, states.... "WE"did give credit at the bottom of the site...

Which to me means there was more than one demented employee involved in that charade, or he was definitely speaking for the whole company.

It was total BS that it was done to promote discussion. The language on the voice over of the video he/they created was disgusting as well.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got the same copy and paste email, They didn't even bother to answer any of the things I put to them and its bulls**t.

This is the "maker" of those videos and I assume behind the website https://twitter.com/tzvister  3  3

They are good at copy and paste on their twitter aswell https://twitter.com/karmarama

Tony Farrelly | 11 years ago
0 likes

The text of the email was also used for a statement to Campaign earlier today

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/news/1159822/karmarama-enormously-distress...

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got the same email. I don't believe a word of it.

thereandbackagain | 11 years ago
0 likes

Alright, I think questions need to be asked of that response.

If it wasn't sanctioned by Karmarama, why is the URL contact name a Karmarama employee?

And why is the URL registrant organisation HS&P Ltd?

If it was a personal action, why isn't registered to an individual, rather than under the auspices of an organisation who are denying it was anything to do with them?

If it was a personal action, why was the Karmarama brand on the physical signs around London?

This "rogue employee" excuse is one certain newspapers have tried to pull in recent times...

Latest Comments