WTD Cheap Chainring 110bcd, 50 tooth (or thereabouts)!

by Cooks   November 13, 2012  

Hi, I'm after a chainring for a single speed conversion. Nothing fancy reqd at all, just something 5 bolt, 110 BCD. Preferably in a 50 tooth or thereabouts variety.

Condition doesnt matter as long as it is rideable.
And hopefully as cheap as possible!
Thanks!

7 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

If its only the chainring you are after, can't go wrong with these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brev-M-Brev-M-Messenger-Chain-Ring-Road-Fixie-...

BUT if you want different, find a drilled one Wink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stronglight-Alloy-Chainring-5-Arm-48-Teeth-50-...

If you are looking for anything else single speed, look at my for sale fixie Big Grin

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8825 posts]
13th November 2012 - 20:33

like this
Like (2)

Hi Cooks,
just been out the 'garage of many bike bits' and found deep in the vaults, a ring that may help though it's not as big as 50 (50 for a fixi????). I have an extremely light, 5 lug, 110mm bcd 36 tooth (I bought it for a fixi a while ago) it's an Sram red and was only on for a few weeks with low miles - didn't get on with the fixi.
It was actually an inner red set ring (choice of 34, 36 or 39 - this one is the 36).
If it's any good let me know.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

posted by trikeman [357 posts]
13th November 2012 - 21:04

like this
Like (1)

Thanks for your help guys! Yeah, I'm after something rather large (I'm something of a grinder I'm afraid) so a 36 is a bit small. Thank you very much though. GKam, the messenger ones look good but are all 130bcd. I'd have to get a crank to fit, I aready have a 110 crank ready to go. I used to have the chainring to fit it but God only knows where it's got to.

The drilled one id an option tho. But will hold out a bit longer to see if anyone has something lying around in the shed

Smile

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing..."

Cooks's picture

posted by Cooks [483 posts]
13th November 2012 - 21:41

like this
Like (5)

Try spa cycles, I've bought chainrings for youth gears from there, cheap and quick.

50 is pretty big for a fixie, meake sure you know what you're doing or you'll screw up your knees.

I sometimes struggle to go up **sharp** hills and I have a 48x15...

Plain Face

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1728 posts]
13th November 2012 - 22:26

like this
Like (3)

Awww Raleigh, you need to build up your legs a bit, I've been riding 50/15 lately, but used to ride 55/13 Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8825 posts]
13th November 2012 - 23:49

like this
Like (4)

It's gonna be single speed, not fixie. It is big, but I've run 50x14 before pretty comfortably.

Thanks again

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing..."

Cooks's picture

posted by Cooks [483 posts]
13th November 2012 - 23:52

like this
Like (2)

Gkam84 wrote:
Awww Raleigh, you need to build up your legs a bit, I've been riding 50/15 lately, but used to ride 55/13 Wink

Big Gears aren't good for little legs Crying

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1728 posts]
14th November 2012 - 23:03

like this
Like (3)