FS : Now split into components

by Gkam84   November 13, 2012  

Thank you for the sympathy direct messages on twitter that some member's have sent me after seeing a tweet I sent to someone.

I am ill, yes, but nothing as serious to give up cycling, just having to change over to completely recumbent as I have a form of early onset Parkinson's that is effecting my cognitive and sensory processes. Meaning I need something stable that I can't fall off. Not going to let that stop me cycling. It just mean's I need to offload my uprights to be able to afford something else. I've gotten rid of most of them. But seen as I bought these two from here. I thought I'd offer them back up here first before parting out for Ebay.

The reason I come here first is to give someone else a chance to enjoy them without paying anymore than I did for them.

Firstly I have This

I've added a front wheel, new red chain, tubes, tyres and brake cable's. To the Eno hub (best on the market), Ultegra 6700 brakes (widely regarded as the best), all you need to finish this bike off would be This . A bottom shell for the seatpost to fit your saddle, I've been using one from another bike and a Brake cable adjuster.

Looking for around £230 posted anywhere in the UK. Thats less than the cost of buying it and adding the bits I have, but less than what I can get parting out for Ebay.

NOW spliting into components if you only want the brakes, single speed wheel, frame, bars, tri bars........

17 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hi Keith, good to see you're working to adjust to what life throws at you - better than capitulating any day. I checked out the Allez page but the photo's don't show?

Dodging the saccadic masking

posted by notfastenough [2604 posts]
13th November 2012 - 11:06

like this
Like (0)

Cheers, there is no point in giving up on something I love just because my body is 100%. That's the original seller's links. I'm working on photo's just now, little camera issue's, This is the Trek Fixie

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/FILE0991.JPG

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8096 posts]
13th November 2012 - 13:44

like this
Like (2)

If you are looking at this and thinking, I really don't need another bike, ask your mates and see if they would. I really need to offload these to aid with being able to afford something so I can get back cycling again.

I'll leave them up for a week on here, always open to offers. If not sold I'll part them out on ebay.

If you know anyone who might be selling a recumbent trike, I don't care about age and condition because I will need to modify it slightly anyway, but it will need to be tadpole (two wheels at the front) to be able to keep my balance correct.

Thanks

Gkam84's picture

13th November 2012 - 19:35

like this
Like (1)

Just read your thread through. Not after any bikes I'm afraid but just to give a bit of support with the parkinsons. My dad has had it for a bit over 12 years now, so I understand the situation a bit. I was wondering if you had read this:
http://www.tandems.co.uk/news.php?articleid=61
which I thought was quite interesting. No personal experience I am afraid - I've not yet persuaded my dad out on a tandem, but I will.
Best of luck with everything.

posted by middlevern [2 posts]
15th November 2012 - 22:10

like this
Like (0)

Thanks for that, I have read many things lately.

But tandem's are not an option for me. I only have one guy I used to cycle with, but his fitness was never improving, so he decided to cycle with some others at a slower pace.

But I don't think a tandem would help my situation anyway, because its more about balance. Hence the reason to switch to three wheels. Wink

Gkam84's picture

16th November 2012 - 23:44

like this
Like (0)

I am open to sensible offers on these items and also the pedals. If these sell here, I'll take the total from my funding effort http://www.gofundme.com/Gkam84

If you want to buy something in return for a donation, get in touch before doing anything.

Thanks Wink

Gkam84's picture

19th November 2012 - 0:41

like this
Like (2)

Allez now off to a good home Big Grin

The trek is still sitting, If you want it, give me a shout, we can do a deal. If you only wanted a part, the frame, eno hub, 6700 brake's. Let me know

Gkam84's picture

21st November 2012 - 21:38

like this
Like (1)

Here are some pictures, not the best though. If you want better one's, just ask and I'll do my best.

FILE1416.JPG FILE1422.JPG
Gkam84's picture

30th November 2012 - 9:27

like this
Like (0)

If you want a part of the trek. Give me a shout and we'll sort something out

Gkam84's picture

30th November 2012 - 9:27

like this
Like (1)

How much would you sell the frame, forks and headset for delivered?

Looking at possible building up my first road bike, but don't really want a single speed or TT bars/setup.

posted by darryl1983 [3 posts]
30th November 2012 - 13:36

like this
Like (1)

Erm, I'd like to see £150 posted? but open to offers

Remember, all funds from sale are going to my appeal

http://www.gofundme.com/Gkam84

I'd throw in a stem and drop bars for an extra £10??

Gkam84's picture

30th November 2012 - 13:44

like this
Like (6)

Actually is the whole bike still available?

Would you do it for £230 plus the drop down bars and stem posted?

30th November 2012 - 15:09

like this
Like (1)

I'll just double check on the drop bars. I'm sure I have a set in the cupboard.

But yes, its still all in one piece at the moment

Gkam84's picture

30th November 2012 - 15:15

like this
Like (1)

Great, can you email me payment details and i'll sort payment out this afternoon/evening.

My email is:

darryl (dot) 1983 (at) googlemail (dot) com

Thanks

30th November 2012 - 15:27

like this
Like (0)

Nice one.

Got drop bars, they will just need a little sticky stuff remover as they have a little old tape on them. But nothing major. If you sort out payment, I'll try and get a box tomorrow and get it in the post Monday/Tuesday.

So thats the full bike, plus drop bars and extra stem.

The only thing I can't find is the quick release for the front wheel.....I'll have a look if I have one somewhere, but not sure.

Gkam84's picture

30th November 2012 - 15:44

like this
Like (3)

Now gone pending payment..... Big Grin

Gkam84's picture

30th November 2012 - 16:10

like this
Like (2)

Hello Gkam

I havean ICE Trice which I am considering selling for approx £1800 & delivery.
It's actuall my wife's trike which has had very little use in the 4 or 5years she has owned it due to orthopeadic problems
FYI I am near Stoke-on-Trent Staffordshire.
If this is of interst let me know & I can email details & pics to you

Regards
jogler

posted by jogler [2 posts]
2nd December 2012 - 12:08

like this
Like (0)