Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Movember 2012

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I am not asking for donations. I just want to see how many guys (and girls) may be participating in this year's Movember, raising money by growing facial hair or putting up with a partner doing so.

This is my fifth year of Mo-ness and I am hoping to make it the best one yet, both in terms of the Mo' and my fundraising efforts. I grow a Mo' every year in honour of both my grandfathers: Deneys Snr Snr, who passed away in 2008 having sported a Mo' since 1954 and Buchan Snr, who still sports his Mo' in his 90th year!

Men’s health is a cause I am passionate about and I’m committed to make a difference by helping to raise vital funds and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer.

Every little donation helps Movember to continue its funding of world class programs. To highlight the importance of what I am doing, take a look at these statistics:
- 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- This year 40,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed in the UK
- 47% of testicular cancer cases occur in men under 35 years and over 90% occur in men under 55 years

If you’d like to find out more about the type of work you’d be helping to fund by supporting Movember, take a look at the Programs We Fund section on the Movember website: http://uk.movember.com/about/funding-overview/

Thanks!
Neys

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

andyp | 11 years ago
0 likes

The first month of the year already belongs to the ladies, Vajanuary.

HarveyMorcombe | 11 years ago
0 likes

Movember should be carried on for another 2 months and it should be decembeard an then januhairy  3

Latest Comments