NOW SOLD - Colnago 105 kit sloping geo equiv to 54cm traditional.

by trikeman   November 2, 2012  

Hi All,
Unfortunately, if I am to complete my winter project, my faithful (second bike) Colnago has to leave the Trikeman fold and exit the 'garage of many bits' - "another project" the Wife moans, "you will die out that garage" Big Grin .

It really is a cracking bike and in superb condition - it has carbon forks, FSA carbon seatpost and stem, prologo pro Ti Kappa saddle, 105 10x2 gearing and brakes, very recent wheelset with new Vittoria tyres (tyres not in photo). It's comfortable, especially on long runs, handles superb and can shift when 'prodded' - a very understated bike for the money. Would not be for sale if finance was not needed to help my project.
This is a cracking bike for someone who wants a long life, fast and comfortable ride on a reasonable budget.
Great as a 'winter' bike but not just a winter bike, it can hold it's own anytime of the year. As it is in the photo it is set up for 5'9'' riders but can be set from 5'4 - 5'10' (ish) depedant on body shape of course.
Test rides? No probs just bring your shoes.
Hope it can help someone onto the road on a classic, entry level, Colnago.
£625 - PM if interested.
Regards

Trikeman. Wink

AttachmentSize
photo.JPG51.14 KB

9 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hard lot - you. Crying

OK, open to serious/geniune offers - you would be really hard pushed to find a better value, decent spec'd bike for such a reasonable price.

The photo just doesn't do the bike justice - viewed and you would see what I mean.

I really don't want to put this reliable bike in front of the great unwashed (ebay) when a genuine cycling enthusiast could benefit from it, anyway......

Regards

Trikeman. Wink

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

posted by trikeman [357 posts]
5th November 2012 - 21:46

like this
Like (1)

If I wasn't on the recumbent path, I would have snapped your hand off Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8823 posts]
5th November 2012 - 21:50

like this
Like (2)

Thanks Gkam - are you really going for it?

There's a guy that 'blasts' around Bristol on one - well you never see him, just his red flag atop of a log pole dodging in and out of the lunatic Bristol traffic, even with a trailer on. Surprise I'm not too sure if his pole contains some sort of periscope to see where the hell he's going in the traffic, and at truck exhaust level. Sick

I have had a go on one some time ago but it frightened the life out of me - I just felt vulnerable. I bet on the open, quiet road they can be good fun.

Keep us posted - you have let a huge cat out of the bag now.
Devil

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

5th November 2012 - 22:19

like this
Like (1)

I am a bent rider already, but going head long into it and trying to find a frame builder to put my places into pieces, then I'll be building my velomobile around it.

Just can't find a builder/fabricator to take it on Sad

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8823 posts]
5th November 2012 - 23:06

like this
Like (4)

Ok, ok,,,,,, Crying

I can go without food and water for this week, but I can only go down to £575.00, and for that you will have a cracking bike for less than a 'less than reasonable' new steed and certainly not the spec of this one, you would be hard pushed to tell the difference, condition wise - and with a brand new KMC chain too.
Last reduction - unfortunately I cannot let it go for any less - really don't want to strip and sell it for the parts, Sad though probably would sell for more that way.

Regards

Trikeman. Wink

trikeman's picture

10th November 2012 - 13:24

like this
Like (3)

Trikeman,

I think your mad, I'd not sell that beautiful steed for £575. What a bargain for someone who's a new to the road cycling fraternity.

If I hadn't just bought a new wheelset for £500! I'd have bought your bike.

Give it a chance on the forum - because someone is in for a bargain.

posted by Mostyn [407 posts]
11th November 2012 - 10:05

like this
Like (1)

Where abouts in the UK are you ?

posted by Littlesox [89 posts]
11th November 2012 - 10:16

like this
Like (3)

Hi Mostyn,
yep, probably the wrong time of year to sell a bike like this one - not being used now and you are right, a cracking buy for someone.

Hi Littlesox (great name) Big Grin

I live in the South West - Weston Super Mare. A very sunny day today and loads of people walking along the seafront..... Surprise

Regards

Trikeman. Wink

trikeman's picture

11th November 2012 - 11:08

like this
Like (5)

Colnago now sold. Sad

Thanks for the interest.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

trikeman's picture

17th November 2012 - 21:11

like this
Like (4)