Bonfire night Edenbridge

by londonplayer   October 31, 2012  

A step too far?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9645411/30ft-eff...

6 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I think its brilliant, especially seeing the others that were considered

Quote:
Society co-ordinator Charles Laver said Savile and hook-handed cleric Abu Hamza were ruled out, as was Chancellor George Osborne for being "a bit boring".

Bookmaker William Hill had Armstrong listed as the favourite to be the effigy at 15/8, followed by Mr Osborne at 4/1, followed by footballers John Terry (6/1), Luis Suarez (10/1) and Ashley Cole (12/1).

Its only a bit of fun after all Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8699 posts]
31st October 2012 - 15:40

like this
Like (0)

A trio of Saville, Glitter and Hamza would have been better.

Mind you i have a George Osborne doll i regularly stick pins into, it doesn't seem to work though Crying

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2675 posts]
31st October 2012 - 16:47

like this
Like (1)

A bit sick.

I am burning a 60ft high pile of A level History notes though.

Devil

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1728 posts]
31st October 2012 - 23:48

like this
Like (1)

It's fine - they've previously done Jonathan Ross, Jordan etc. Apparently they canned use of Savile because they didn't want to field questions from the kids. At least with Lance they can just say he cheated.

If I could have, say, 6 bikes, would it stop me drooling over others that I don't have?

posted by notfastenough [2957 posts]
1st November 2012 - 10:57

like this
Like (2)

Apparently when someone told Lance they were going to burn him in effigy he said,"Thats one town I am going to stear clear of!"

posted by SideBurn [765 posts]
1st November 2012 - 11:35

like this
Like (0)

Surprised he doesn't walk in and give them the stare until they hand over the matches.

giff77's picture

posted by giff77 [1040 posts]
1st November 2012 - 12:20

like this
Like (1)