Home

I'm in the process of putting together some track wheels using some Phil Wood hubs and Reynolds DV46 rims. I'd like to use a wide bladed spoke in them - radial front, 3x rear. Due to the deep rim section I need fairly unusual spoke lengths - 249mm for the front and 276mm for the rear. Because of the internal nipples on the Reynolds rims I need a 2.0mm threaded spoke. Madison only have a few odd lengths - normal 700c lengths ~294 - 300, and Chickens don't seem to bring in the CX, only the CX ray. I could go to a CX Ray or aerolite, but for two reasons I want to use a full width bladed spoke. First because of the stiffness as they are for track wheels. Second because the hubs are slotted and it would be a bit odd not to use bladed spokes now I've gone to the hassle and expense of ordering slotted hubs...

So - any guidance on where it might be possible to source suitable spokes or possibly suggest an alternative would be greatly appreciated!

6 comments

dave atkinson [6210 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

halo do a bladed spoke in a wide range of lengths:

http://www.ison-distribution.com/english/product.php?part=SKIDZ267

they're out of 250mm ones right now though...

Sam Alison [24 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that Dave. Unfortunately they seem to be much like a CX Ray type profile rather than a wider blade, plus they are black, and I don't have an account with Ison. Other than that, perfect  3

dave atkinson [6210 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

glad i could help  39

0 likes

I do appreciate it - seems to be very hard to get hold of old style wide bladed spokes these days...

lludwell. [9 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Just checking you've thought about how these wide bladed spokes are going to fit through the holes in the hub flange...?

0 likes
lludwell. wrote:

Just checking you've thought about how these wide bladed spokes are going to fit through the holes in the hub flange...?

Yes, as I said in the original post the hubs are slotted. Thankfully I've now found some, coming from the Czech republic....