Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Team Sky TdF

A very premature thread, but I need to have a good think about who is going to be in Team Sky's TdF for work so good opportunity to do my job for me and put some predictions out there for the full 9 (or maybe 8) man squad.

Prize if anyone gets it bang on (message me in June) I think

Wig
Froome
EBH
Bernie/Thomas (can't pick)
Knees
Rogers
Porte
Henao
Uran

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Froome
EBH
Porte
Eisel
JTL
Dombrowski
Knees
Pate
Rogers.

Giro team

Wiggo
Cataldo
Uran
Henao Henao / Uran time to recover for Vuelta
GT
Siutsou
Kiriyenka
Stannard
Rowe / Kennaugh / Swift - one of those 3.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ahh, no WorlTour, but continued ASO races under the guidance of Vaughter's breakaway league.

Gkam84 replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Ahh, no WorlTour, but continued ASO races under the guidance of Vaughter's breakaway league.

Nope, Vaughter's has to take his orders from the one general and chief who oversee's universal cycling. A sort of Alien vs Pro's vs Dopers.

The name of that individual would be Mehdi Sohrabi

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

No worldtour owing to implosion of the UCI.

NeilG83 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Very premature but,

Froome
Wiggins
Thomas
EBH
Knees
Kiriyenka
Sioutsou
Porte
Rogers
Pate

Meaning Uran, Henao, Cataldo & Stannard will support Wiggins at the Giro.
Uran, Henao, JTL and Dombrowski to race Vuelta.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know, its almost like I have a direct contact within the UCI to whomever ratifies the contracts......  4

leortp | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pro teams can't update yet as currently they are still under contract for this season - so their rosters are correct

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh yeah, Obvs. That was announced ages ago wasn't it...

You've updated your transfer thing quicker than the pro teams have!  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

You guy's not been checking out my wonderful transfer guide, just click on it in my signature, you will see the new additions to Sky and see who's offski aswell, might change your minds on riders  3

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Froome
Wiggins
Swift
Cataldo
Thomas
Porte
Sioutsou
Lofkvist
Stannard

Mark my words.  4

-----------------

I'm pretty sure Flecha will be next to leave, whether he doped or not remains to be seen.

I think that Swift is really underrated, and that he should have been in the Olympics team.

There will be less domination than this year, as Contador and the Chemical brothers will field ACTUAL teams of ACTUAL cyclists this year...

Also, expect a challenge from Garmin.

Gkam84 replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

I'm pretty sure Flecha will be next to leave, whether he doped or not remains to be seen.

I'm disappointed in you, I thought you would have at least looked at the transfers and been able to see the Flecha is off to Vacansoleil-DCM next season......  13

Spofferoonie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Going to depend I suspect but I imagine (if Wiggo is genuinely going for the Giro):

Froome
Wiggo
EBH
G
Porte
Rogers (subject to doping reverlations)
Kiriyenka
Bernie
Uran

No need for Knees if Wiggo isn't leading the team as he's partly there to give Brad his bike in case of emergency

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

VERY premature, but I'm in

Froome
Cataldo
Lopez
Dombrowski
JTL
Henao
Uran
Eisel (on retainer from OPQS to drop back and help Cav  3 )
EBH

Wiggo as first reserve depending on how he comes through the Giro as that's his stated aim for 2013

Latest Comments