Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Debating the helmet issue again (kind of)

Right, this is not really a debate about cycling helmet, more to show you that, no matter how well protected you are, things can happen that are outside your control.

This came up in my youtube feed for some reason, so I thought I would share it (look away now if you are squmish) because its quite a stomach churner.

This happened in a university game of American football over the weekend. One of the rising stars, tipped to be the next big thing after just coming back from one serious leg injury, gets injured again. Marcus Lattimore, playing for the university of South Carolina, when this freak accident happened.

Now he's head to toe in padding, body armour and most "importantly" a full face helmet.......

No matter how much you protect yourself and this applies to cycling aswell. Some things are outwith your control.

http://youtu.be/ywemwRy2PXM

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

The spots make my stomach turn  31

I've seen enough in my time as a cop to last a multitude of lifetimes but the boils, na, no way, never ever....  31

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

How many times have you watched them?

I've seen a few messed up legs like that, but more HUGE spots......

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was just an example of how a helmet does not protect your whole body.

Its a nasty injury aswell. So I thought people might like seeing it, seems to be strangely popular on the tube  3

Stumps replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

It was just an example of how a helmet does not protect your whole body.

Its a nasty injury aswell. So I thought people might like seeing it, seems to be strangely popular on the tube  3

Anything on you tube where people get hurt or have boils lanced etc etc always draw massive hits. Its a morbid fascination we have  19

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam - you seem to be a glutton for punishment today mate  19 .

Is it not bad enough we we've got a friend from across the pond commenting then you go and put this on, still it beats watching daytime tv  24

spongebob | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes some things are out of your control.

But protecting yourself by wearing a helmet is within your control.

Latest Comments