Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

sean yates has 'left' team sky!

Well unsurprisingly Sean Yates has gone! Shocker I no! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9638483/Sean-Yates-...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dont know if anyone else thought this but he always seemed either pissed or drugged when interviewed  7

Gkam84 replied to Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Dont know if anyone else thought this but he always seemed either pissed or drugged when interviewed  7

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, whenever I saw him, I couldn't help but think of Bez from the Happy Mondays  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

He doesn't need another job.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20113671

Quote:

Sky said Yates's decision was not related to doping, despite the team's zero-tolerance approach to drugs.

Yates added: "I realise the timing of my retirement will lead to speculation but I can walk away with my head high knowing I have done nothing wrong."

BULLS**T.....He's a former doper, his decision to retire most likely gives him full entitlement to a company pension and benefits....If he had stayed out and was outed, he'd lose everything.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't think Sky/The Murdochs can afford ANY bad publicity, so I totally understand their position and DB just has to tow the line like everyone else.

Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

Brailsford, as head of GB Cycling, was willing to take back David Millar despite his past (something i agree with it must be said) and yet with his SKY hat on he is adopting a scorched earth policy.
There is a contradiction there and SKY are being too knee jerk.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I fear he won't be getting a job anywhere in pro men's cycling as all teams will be wary of employing ex dopers now.

But I see a great place for him at British cycling's youth or track set up. Either that or a woman's team?

Sky sponsor British cycling, but don't "run it" per se.

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

I hope he gets a job working for a more enlightened organisation. Despite any mistakes he may have made, he's still something of a legend. As the article states he "was one of the great domestiques in the sport's modern history".

Or am I being uncharacteristically naive?

mattbibbings | 11 years ago
0 likes

I read that article with a frown. I truly wanted Sean to have had a squeaky clean past. I guess being in Lances past is enough.

I await the detail.

Sam1 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Flecha's leaving so wouldnt have been interviewed and signed the pledge. If he has any skeletons in the past, he's now Vacansoleil's problem

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Who's next? Flecha?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dum Dum Dum.....Another one bites the dust  4

Latest Comments