sean yates has 'left' team sky!

by Pedals   October 27, 2012  

Well unsurprisingly Sean Yates has gone! Shocker I no! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9638483/Sean-Yates-...

11 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Dum Dum Dum.....Another one bites the dust Big Grin

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8765 posts]
28th October 2012 - 0:31

like this
Like (1)

Who's next? Flecha?

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1728 posts]
28th October 2012 - 9:02

like this
Like (0)

Flecha's leaving so wouldnt have been interviewed and signed the pledge. If he has any skeletons in the past, he's now Vacansoleil's problem

posted by Sam1 [212 posts]
28th October 2012 - 9:25

like this
Like (2)

I read that article with a frown. I truly wanted Sean to have had a squeaky clean past. I guess being in Lances past is enough.

I await the detail.

posted by mattbibbings [102 posts]
28th October 2012 - 10:01

like this
Like (0)

I hope he gets a job working for a more enlightened organisation. Despite any mistakes he may have made, he's still something of a legend. As the article states he "was one of the great domestiques in the sport's modern history".

Or am I being uncharacteristically naive?

Simon E's picture

posted by Simon E [1939 posts]
28th October 2012 - 11:11

like this
Like (0)

I fear he won't be getting a job anywhere in pro men's cycling as all teams will be wary of employing ex dopers now.

But I see a great place for him at British cycling's youth or track set up. Either that or a woman's team?

Sky sponsor British cycling, but don't "run it" per se.

Gkam84's picture

28th October 2012 - 11:20

like this
Like (1)

Brailsford, as head of GB Cycling, was willing to take back David Millar despite his past (something i agree with it must be said) and yet with his SKY hat on he is adopting a scorched earth policy.
There is a contradiction there and SKY are being too knee jerk.

posted by Some Fella [738 posts]
28th October 2012 - 12:30

like this
Like (0)

I don't think Sky/The Murdochs can afford ANY bad publicity, so I totally understand their position and DB just has to tow the line like everyone else.

Gkam84's picture

28th October 2012 - 12:38

like this
Like (0)

He doesn't need another job.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20113671

Quote:
Sky said Yates's decision was not related to doping, despite the team's zero-tolerance approach to drugs.

Yates added: "I realise the timing of my retirement will lead to speculation but I can walk away with my head high knowing I have done nothing wrong."

BULLS**T.....He's a former doper, his decision to retire most likely gives him full entitlement to a company pension and benefits....If he had stayed out and was outed, he'd lose everything.

Gkam84's picture

28th October 2012 - 15:50

like this
Like (0)

Dont know if anyone else thought this but he always seemed either pissed or drugged when interviewed Confused

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2696 posts]
28th October 2012 - 21:04

like this
Like (1)

stumps wrote:
Dont know if anyone else thought this but he always seemed either pissed or drugged when interviewed Confused

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, whenever I saw him, I couldn't help but think of Bez from the Happy Mondays Devil

Gkam84's picture

28th October 2012 - 21:18

like this
Like (0)