2011 Condor Fratello (49cm)

by dgwalters   October 27, 2012  

Has been used for light commuting for 3 months, largely kept indoors and is in excellent condition. Reason for sale is that the frame is slightly too small for me and so am upgrading to a bigger one. Perfect for the journey to and from work, as a winter trainer or as a weekend tourer. (£700 ono and preference for collection from North London)

Spec: Orange / Salmon colour, Campag veloce triple drivetrain adapted for compact chainset (will include triple crank), mudguards, Arione saddle, Campag Scirrocco wheels / cross hubs, spd pedals, 2x bottle cages.

9 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hi, how tall are you? Might be interested in this for my girlfriend.

posted by pjay [225 posts]
29th October 2012 - 18:25

like this
Like (1)

hi,
i'm 5ft 9.5ins - frame is too small for me and it has some toe overlap which i find a problem when cycling in town.
cheers,
gareth

posted by dgwalters [5 posts]
30th October 2012 - 23:20

like this
Like (1)

You're taller than me and I ride a 55 Fratello! Did they do a bike fit when you bought it?

31st October 2012 - 9:36

like this
Like (0)

hi pjay,

it wasn't made to order - it was a ready made up bike that i liked (but thought was too small). they put me on the jig and said it would be ok with a longer stem etc to sort out the reach and not knowing any different, i thought it would be fine. after a couple of months i took it back as the toe-overlap issue was dangerous in town and it gave me back pain on anything longer than the 6 mile commute but they said it was ok. i now know a bit more about bike fitting (google & bit more experience) and so just want to get rid of it and buy something more suitable. bit naiive i know but i was new to the sport. won't make the same expensive mistake again.

cheers,

G

31st October 2012 - 21:46

like this
Like (1)

Strange, they're usually excellent with bike fitting. Whereabouts are you in North London, might come and have a look at the weekend if not too far. Also, do you have the original receipt?

1st November 2012 - 10:00

like this
Like (0)

hi again pjay,

Sorry for not replying - i put it on the 'things to do' list that i carry round in my head but clearly forgot. I'm just across the road from Hampstead Heath Overground station or 5-10 mins from Belsize Park but unfortunately this weekend doesn't work for me. Depending on how far away you are you could come one evening or next weekend maybe?

Don't think I've got the original receipt but i'll have a 'proper' look for it before you come see the bike to be sure.

Cheers,

Gareth

3rd November 2012 - 10:53

like this
Like (0)

Thanks, Gareth. I'm away for a week after this weekend. I'll get in touch when I'm back and see if you still have the bike.

3rd November 2012 - 13:40

like this
Like (1)

Hi,

Is this still available?

Thanks

Max

posted by Maxjunk [6 posts]
10th November 2012 - 3:01

like this
Like (1)