Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Baselayers

hi all

If your in the market for baselayers as winter is approaching. Check out uniqlo heat tech range. http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/store/clothing/heattech/men/#fC01
i just bought 2 and they do the job well and they don't cost the earth. Great for the cold moring commute.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Swami Dave | 11 years ago
0 likes

I am a complete convert to the powers of merino and can't recommend it enough. I've got two Endura Baabaa l/s tops that have lasted two years of hard use and are still in fantastic shape. I was dubious about the 'no stink' claims as no matter how much antibacterial technology or silver you throw at cycling kit, it still stinks up pretty quickly. However, this stuff is amazing. After a hard commute there and back it still smells like it's just come out of the washing machine. While it can take a wee bit longer to dry, it stays toasty warm when it is damp and still dries pretty quickly. I commuted through last winter (+2 to -3C) in just a Baabaa baselayer and Gore Phantom softshell with no problems at all.

nostromo | 11 years ago
0 likes

Under Armour Cold Gear Mock - accept no substitutes. You can wear one of these under a windproof jacket and nothing else.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Armour-Coldgear-Mock-Compression/dp/B008QWT07S

Gkam84 replied to nostromo | 11 years ago
0 likes
nostromo wrote:

Under Armour Cold Gear Mock - accept no substitutes. You can wear one of these under a windproof jacket and nothing else.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Armour-Coldgear-Mock-Compression/dp/B008QWT07S

Do I still have to wear bottoms?  3

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

the guy on the website looks freaky...

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

We held the Police national championships there a few years ago, cracking fun, good snow and a hell of a lot cheaper than abroad.

Made even better when i made 1st reserve for the national team  4

Back to base layers though, i wear an underarmour top. Not the expensive make just a cheap one off ebay (cost 9.99) washes great and keeps you really warm.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The last couple of years Scotland's had great snow comparable to major ski resorts on the continent.

Aviemore is alright, but I stick to the Lecht and Glenshee because its only a few miles either way  3

captain_slog | 11 years ago
0 likes

Endura.

That is all.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Interesting, I dragged out my winter kit the other day when the snow came and sorted through it. Need some base layers as mine are almost done because I use them for ski/snowboarding aswell. So they get alot of use.

Raleigh replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Interesting, I dragged out my winter kit the other day when the snow came and sorted through it. Need some base layers as mine are almost done because I use them for ski/snowboarding aswell. So they get alot of use.

Ski in Scotland?

Always wanted to, apparently Aviemore gave the Alps a run for their money a few years ago.

Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

What is the sizing like on these? Uniqlo tends to come up a little small.
Also - Ive always found Uniqlo to be pretty naff quality and wash very badly. I suppose you pays what you gets for.
Even so - may sneek one in next time my missus puts an order in.  15

Latest Comments