Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ridgeback Radium vs Ribble Audax

Came back to cycling this year (after a gap of more years than I care to mention).

Dusted down a 20 year old Peugeot, and after new tyres/tubes/brake blocks and some wheel truing at the local bike emporium, have managed some commuting and rides up to 45 miles around Shropshire.

I used to tackle 10TT at club level, and intend to get back in, but need to build up some miles between now and next year.

I am looking at Ribble's Audax and Ridgeback's Radium as ideal commuting/training/general bikes to build up the miles.

Any views either way ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Littlesox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Made the decision. Went to the local shop tu buy a Ridgeback Mercury. Came out with a Giant Defy 2. How does that work then ?

jengy | 11 years ago
0 likes

good price on the ridgeback here
tinyurl.com/chxmqs4
hope you didnt get one already !
i have the equilibrium and its great, steel ride with 25mm tyres is great for getting the miles in

Coodsta | 11 years ago
0 likes

Had a blue ribble audax for a few years, great for the price but not that exciting. I'm planning on getting the new steel Ribble 525 audax. Looks lovely, steel with carbon forks, full mudguards & a lot less than the Equilibrium if you're trying to be sensible...

mrstugriff | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just to confuse you further, if you're looking at Winter Trainers and Audax, have you considered the new Genesis Equilibrium? They've just released the new 2013 models and I think I want one...  1

Littlesox replied to mrstugriff | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oooh, know what you mean. I like the whole Genesis thing too. Tryimg hard to stick to budget. Local bike shop have Ridgeback on offer at the moment. Like to stay local if I can. Staying on budget means being able to afford something faster for TT and racing nexy year. It's hard to decide !

Littlesox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Why not get something a little more 'racy'?

I will next year, but for now it's about building up miles. A Winter Trainer?

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

You can use Ribble's bike builder to customise the bejesus out of the spec.

Had my blue bike for two years and the only thing I found better was the Stealth I bought to upgrade it with

They also now do a steel framed Winter bike and a full carbon frame (the 365)

Lul

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Why not get something a little more 'racy'?

Latest Comments