Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Lost a Look 585 Optimum in West Yorks?

If so, you may want to check http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Look-Mens-Racing-Bike-/130789318083?pt=...

If the ad's legit, I unreservedly apologize for the inference.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't think anyone will be seeing money for this with the dodgy bids  19

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Everyone still watching this?  3  3

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was thinking that they were buckled during the ride-it-like-you-stole-it journey away from the cafe.

A clubmate had his nicked at half seven on Sunday morning! He'd nipped in the shop for flapjack before setting off. Talk about opportunist.

Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Somebody once tried to steal one of my bikes by repeatedly hitting my D-locks with a big hammer didn't do anything to the locks but did buckle one rim and put a big dent in the side of the other rim. the oik ran off when challenged by a station staffer Now I'm not suggesting but  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, everyone will be watching that because it looks a bargain, the seller and a mate will then inflate the price to a reasonable value as it get's closer to sale time and hope that a few people stay interested.

The Rumpo Kid | 11 years ago
0 likes

Old Ebay trick. A low reserve and a sniper mate get the bids buzzing.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

You can have him  33

I think that might be why I have so many bikes. I should learn to put up with imperfections, but being Mr Perfect, Its difficult  105

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, in these tough economic times, I think we can at least afford to blow off the grit.

But I suppose you're right, anything that needs physical removal from any one of my bikes can only mean only one thing...

(I think Gkam and I will have to fight over who has exclusive ownership of this little guy:  19 we can't both be evil.)

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wow, you guys go to extreme's, punctures and cleaning.......ONE tiny piece of girt on my shiny tyres. Thats it, the bike has got to go, its not ridable, safe or nice looking anymore  19

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cleaning your bike isn't worth the trouble, stick it on ebay, and you'll get PAID not to!

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

why wait for the wheels to get buckled? a puncture's enough for me to fire up ebay  4

Chris | 11 years ago
0 likes

Doesn't everyone sell their bikes super cheap when the wheels are slightly out of true?
I also scrap my cars when the ashtrays are full. Perfectly reasonable behaviour.

Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Does appear to be too good to be true  39

Latest Comments