Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Withdrawal Symptoms...

Its very disconcerning how much I miss the frustrations of this game during the close season......However a break from Dave Harmons repetitive drone is a small consolation prize....  2

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Good bit about NFL is you get several different games to play each week. Currently sitting 4th with 3-3 in my head to head league.
Loving the way it condenses down to a simple mobile version!  26

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I tried the fantasy cricket a few years ago and got completely lost, too many different formats being played constantly. Too many games called off for rain and with games every week I end up ditching it mid-season.

The fantasy football was ok last year but I'm bored already, can't be bothered putting the effort in to research players so I've just let my team get on with it...

I wish I'd played fantasy F1 this year. It was soooo boring last year but this year would have been ace, lots of unpredictable results.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think the NFL game is easier than most others with respect that it is all scored based on stats etc, however I guess it depends how well you know NFL too, as its all about knowing which players have the best matchup etc. But generally performance is less varied than football, cycling etc, the best players do tend to perform at there best throughout the whole season.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Tried the NFL game and got completely lost by it. The footie game is much easier and to be honest easier than the cycling game.

Going to have a go at the fantasy cricket season next year which should be canny.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im on a 5 game winning streak in my NFL league  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I live in a constant fantasy world.....so the off season isn't so much of a problem for me  19

I'm doing my transfers thread and some other stuff anyway. So that keeps me going  26

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Fantasy NFL is tough, but I love the fact that in a league each player is only available to one team, so you need to build a team at the start of the year through the draft and plan well. If you screw up your picks at the start of the year or screw up the draft you're stuffed all season  19

I'd quite like to be able to set up a similar system built onto the road.cc scoring mechanism but a) it's too hard and b) I can't be arsed.

Would love to run a draft style fantasy cycling league, maybe a keeper league where you can pick up/drop cyclists once a year and need to plan for future years with your transfers, it'd be like running a proper team. And like Sky, I'd have signed Dombrowski too.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Fantasy Football is SO hard...

livestrongnick replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Fantasy Football is SO hard...

Too right it is  20
I'm even doing fantasy NFL and that's a bloody nightmare!!  14

JAndrewHill replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nah, fantasy footie is where its at. #1