Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Riccione Bike Hotels

For many years we have gone to Majorca in April for a weeks training/holiday. Fancy something different next year has anyone been to any of the Riccione Bike Hotels at this time of year? Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Peter_Mould | 11 years ago
0 likes

I stayed at Hotel Astoria for 5 days, 4 nights last year, and the experience was amazing. Great service, unimaginable scenery and awesome bike trails at Alta Rezia. There are up to 3200 km of trails for the bike enthusiasts. Of course, my friends and I didn’t get that far in just 5 days. The air was extremely refreshing too. I’m glad I got into cycling after my last car broke down from faulty swirl flaps. If I were still driving, I may not be able to appreciate the benefits of cycling.

bespoke-velo | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi Wookie
The terrain offers an unlimited amount of variety, from the strada panoramica, the rolling coastal road to flatish valley roads, rolling hills to great climbs around San Marino, small villages with amazing coffee to the quietness of roads.
The climbs are long and gradient are gentle or up to 10% the views are stunning, but sometimes there is a sea haze, its not all picture postcard.
If u choose the hotel option read up on the itinerary as they take u where they want to go!
If u want training and don't know the roads then I can help there.
Well worth taking the plunge

The Wookie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seems there are a lot of fans for the area. Does the terrain differ much from Majorca. We stay on the north a of the island an spend time on the lower hills as well as the mountains

Hopalongsteve | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its a great place to ride and spend time. I first went in 2007 & 2008 on hols and love the area so much i now work there seasonally each year since 2009...already looking forward to returning next year!!! :o)) Both options mentioned above would be great and i have sent you a personal mail with a little more info on. Have a change, you will love the area, the beach, the food, the rides and also the people!!!

bespoke-velo | 11 years ago
0 likes

I spent 12 months in Riccione in 2008, riding my bike and getting to know the network of roads in the region, take a look at my website www.bespoke-velo.co.uk for training camps.
Most of the hotels take you on guided rides but if you want a proper training week then i can help you out,i can also play tourist guide, i can help out with extra options that some of the hotels can't.
For any further information please send me an email: cycling [at] bespoke-velo.co.uk

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

compare: http://www.weather2travel.com/climate-guides/italy/riccione.php

with: http://www.weather2travel.com/climate-guides/spain/balearic-islands/majo...

April is pretty similar, with majorca being a degree hotter on average and a bit more likely to be dry. not masses in it though.

The Wookie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not that the weather has been great in Majorca past couple of years, but what can i expect in this area at that time of year?

Tony Farrelly | 11 years ago
0 likes

You'd be hard pushed to do better than the Belvedere - it's fantastic. Been a couple of times and am always trying to think of an excuse to go back. One of its big draws is that you can bring a non-cycling partner and they'll have plenty to do too - on my first visit I went with my wife and daughters. Second visit I went with Vecchiojo in the autumn

There's a lot of pics here + should be links to Jo's blogs on the trip too
http://road.cc/content/blog/8985-roadcc-italian-road-trip

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

i've been to the belvedere and can't recommend it highly enough. riding's fab, hotel is fab, food is fab. weather's a bit more unpredictable, although having said that majorca was getting snow around then this year  39

Latest Comments