Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Armstrongs speech lastnight

Some very famous people attended and heard this

http://youtu.be/rOKBU_U9hHA

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

I used to like Armstrong and thought a lot of it was was sour grapes by other riders due to his talent - boy was i wrong there  14

However after getting over cancer and getting back onto a bike to race competively takes a lot and although he used drugs to get there you cant knock him for his charity work.

I know people will say his charity was only a success because he was a success due to cheating, which is right but at least he did try to do some good for others albeit through cheating.

Hoopdriver | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd love to see him run for President...with Sarah Palin for a running mate! What a ticket that would be!  1

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

"It's been a difficult couple of weeks; but I have had worse", is the best quote since Colonel Custer said,"Where did all these fucking indians come from?"

jova54 | 11 years ago
0 likes

"It's been a difficult couple of weeks; but I have had worse"
They were probably the ones during the TdF when he was trying to avoid the 'inconvenient' dope tests, poor lamb.

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

Moneygrabbing bully, can lie for years without batting an eyelid - a natural for politics.

As for the actors and zzz-list celebs, they are easily impressed and merely a subset of his blindly loyal fanbase. Stupid famous people love following/fawning publicly over someone they admire (I suspect it's in the hope of getting some back, as they're invariably insecure, needy types).

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sean Penn, Robin Williams, Norah Jones, Ben Stiller, Maria Shriver and Stephen Marley to name a few  3

I could beat the news here to a few, but I only pick one's that I think might spark conversation on the forums  26

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Once again Gkam you have beaten Road cc to a good story! This story is now on their home page! Any idea who the famous names were?

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

"It's been a difficult couple of weeks; but I have had worse", superb! What a man! Do you think he will go for President of the USA?

Simon E replied to SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes
SideBurn wrote:

Do you think he will go for President of the USA?

Would be a shoo-in for the Republican nomination, they love wealthy hackneyed idealistic speeches by flag-waving scrappers who want to "stand up and fight for freedom". He just needs to show he is in favour of guns, wars, oil, bare-faced lying and behind-the-scenes manipulation and coercion. Well, he's got most of those sussed already.

SimonT1971 replied to Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

Incredibly he is apparently a 'Democrat' !

Simon_MacMichael replied to SimonT1971 | 11 years ago
0 likes
SimonT1971 wrote:

I thought my missus was the only Democrat from Texas? She is *not* going to be happy when I tell her this  19

Kapelmuur replied to Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:
SimonT1971 wrote:

I thought my missus was the only Democrat from Texas?

What about LBJ?  4

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pretty standard LA deflection tactics. He's still of the opinion that his doping is irrelevant, that he won those tours fair and square, and that he should also be untouchable because he survived cancer and he is Lance Armstrong.

He's pretty monstrous, really.

Latest Comments