Photographing your Bicycle

by Hoopdriver   October 19, 2012  

I am new on this forum although I have been a regular on Bike Radar and Cycle CHat for some time. By profession I am a magazine writer and photographer - Time, National Geographic, Conde Nast, Nature - and to give myself a bit of an outlet for cycling inspired writings and photographs I write a daily cycling blog for the past year called My-bicycle-and-i.co.uk

I know a lot of us like to take photographs of our bicycles. I have a bit of professional expertise when it comes to cameras and so I have put together a piece that I hope might prove helpful

You can read it here:
http://my-bicycle-and-i.co.uk/2012/photographing-your-bicycle/

4 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

My personal favourite is the 'catch and release.'

Works every time.

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1730 posts]
19th October 2012 - 11:52

0 Likes

Very nice write-up, thanks for the link.

The best photo I have ever seen of a bike was a good friends of mine and he took the photo too, was was an old peugeot.
The bike was propped up by a small stick that you couldn't see on nothing other than a bland field with bushes in the distance. However, the bike image was razor sharp but the foreground and background was blurred slightly. The light caught the bike superbly - it was just a cracking shot and one I'm not too sure if he planned to look as good.

If I can find the photo I will put it up.

Regards

Trikeman. Wink

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

posted by trikeman [367 posts]
19th October 2012 - 16:11

0 Likes

I'm gonna try and take some cracking shots tomorrow. Maybe my thread can be for pure Bike studies, and another for 'arty' shots.

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1730 posts]
19th October 2012 - 18:37

0 Likes

Interesting.Inspiring even. Thanks for this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daviddb/sets/72157628563585367/

cheers m'dears

2011 Rose Pro-SL 3000 Road
2006 Lemond Alpe d'Huez Broken
1997 Marin Sausaulito Urban bimbling/shopper
1980 Orbea project

daviddb's picture

posted by daviddb [123 posts]
19th October 2012 - 21:22

0 Likes