Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

EPO and irony

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KzNcIF-bfgiWeqWp24NkG9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

or in text version, there was an ad on bike route toaster this evening:

EPO Cyclist Supplements

Fastest way to increase your speed and endurance. Guaranteed!

Ok, I've been reading USADA's docs, and I daresay the ad network bike route toaster sell space to don't care what site you're on, but really...

It's kind of disturbing, especially since I can't conceive of how or where the site promoted might be legal or appropriate. Or is it a trap?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you are that worried about being caught as a potential doper, route your IP through a few proxies in different countries to check out the sites. Just don't buy and have it delivered to your own address  19

robdaykin (not verified) | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah, so not actually supplying EPO, which is what the url implied to me, as in boost performance using EPO, not boost EPO production.

I guess my response shows how effective their choice of URL and advertising isn't as I was not even prepared to visit the site presuming the worst, i.e. that it was a trap site to identify potential dopers.

pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes

You'd think with all the negative publicity for EPO at the moment they might consider a rebrand  39

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its not a trick or anything and it is used by some top athletes because its a natural EPO stimulator

Quote:

*EPO-BoostTM does not contain Epogen®, Erythropoietin, EPO or any banned substances by WADA 2012 list

Latest Comments