Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dutch cycling knowledge for UK

One for the RoadCC team to attend - I hope to be there too if possible:

The Love London, Go Dutch conference is being held on Thursday 18 October.

The event has been organised by The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in collaboration with the London Cycling Campaign, Royal HaskoningDHV, Cycle Nation, The Dutch Cycling Embassy and Transport for London.

It aims to show how Dutch politicians and planners have succeeded in building high cycling levels in its cities, and consider ways in which this could be achieved in London.

The conference includes presentations from VIP speakers including Norman Baker, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport.

If you would like to interview any of the organisers, before or after the event, please contact me on the details below and I will make the necessary arrangements.

Many thanks,

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

OldRidgeback | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam84 - can't take time off for the talk at Westminster. But I have got an invite for the London cycling event in the Dutch Embassy on the 18th. This will be work for me but I'll send you some info on it. I'll be curious what Norman Baker says. I'll be curious what TfL says given its less than sparkling record on addressing accident blackspots like the Bow roundabout or King's Cross, and with fatal results.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nice one. The only reason I am interested (as others might be) is because of British Cycling's "urge your MP" as described here in Road.cc's news

http://road.cc/content/news/68453-urge-your-mp-attend-commons-debate-vic...

OldRidgeback | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'll see if I can find an excuse to attend. But I can't say for sure. I'm still waiting to hear back from the press officer as to whether I can get into the Dutch Embassy event. If I do get to the Dutch gig, I'll email some info over. If I can wing it to listen in at Westminster, I'll let you know.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Interesting. If someone is down there to attend this.....Do you mind popping along to Westminster on the 17th and getting the scoop from the House of Commons adjournment debate on 17 October regarding the treatment of victims by the criminal justice system.  3  3

Its open to the public

Latest Comments