Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Ever wondered......(Doping)

Have you ever thought to yourself. I wonder if so'n'so doped at all. WELL.......

If he was ever implicated/charged/failed a test....etc. I've just come across a website that may just have an answer for you.

http://www.dopeology.org/

Came across while researching a rider for my transfers list. Some interesting people on that last. Most if not all the stories have links aswell backing up whats being said.

Enjoy  26

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

mattbibbings | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thats a really useful find. Given the wealth of problems in Pro road cyclings history it can only be helpful to have easy access to a 'naughty list'.

TheHatter | 11 years ago
0 likes

The incidents by nationality graph is revealing (though not suprising) with Italy and Spain way ahead. Can't help but think that the 'forgiving' fanbases in these countries are to blame. Wiggo knows he would be lynched if he ever tested positive and while I'm sure he's never intended to dope this knowledge must make the decision easier.

L arriviste replied to TheHatter | 11 years ago
0 likes
TheHatter wrote:

The incidents by nationality graph is revealing (though not suprising) with Italy and Spain way ahead. Can't help but think that the 'forgiving' fanbases in these countries are to blame. Wiggo knows he would be lynched if he ever tested positive and while I'm sure he's never intended to dope this knowledge must make the decision easier.

Thank you to all on this thread for your comments on Dopeology. It took a lot of work to publish the website and at times the task threatened to swamp me. I felt much the same over the last 24 hours.  3

It is always important to remember that Italy and Spain are strongly represented thanks to several successful busts in operations conducted by public authorities, without which we would doubtless know much less about large scale doping today.

Equally, thanks to their sporting traditions and those loyal fanbases you describe, these nations continue to contribute a considerable proportion of the riders in the European professional peloton.

Gkam84 replied to L arriviste | 11 years ago
0 likes
L arriviste wrote:

Thank you to all on this thread for your comments on Dopeology. It took a lot of work to publish the website and at times the task threatened to swamp me. I felt much the same over the last 24 hours.  3

Hi and welcome, Came across your site totally by accident, but have been on it alot researching different riders from a while back, I bet you've been busy and will be busier still when UCI are finished with it. All the other riders mentioned  3

L arriviste replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
L arriviste wrote:

Hi and welcome, Came across your site totally by accident, but have been on it alot researching different riders from a while back, I bet you've been busy and will be busier still when UCI are finished with it. All the other riders mentioned  3

Most of the research was done over the course of about 18 months. It didn't help that I had been out of the sport for many years, so I had not seen the Postal era first hand. I am certainly better acquainted with that period now.  3

It's good to know that some people have found Dopeology useful. It makes all that effort worthwhile.

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Makes me sad that there's a lot of hearsay on twitter about Sky at the moment - Brailsford and Wiggo not speaking up enough about LA, for example, is seen as evidence of Sky being given the same favours that the UCI gave to USPS and Discovery.

Let's hope that the list remains devoid of our current heroes.

daddyELVIS replied to bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

@bashthebox - They should speak up more. They are the leaders of the peloton now, so it is their responsibility to do what Armstrong failed to do (we know why that was)and that is to condemn drug taking in their sport. I get the feeling they don't want to brig themselves into the spotlight on thesubject for fear of having to answer some uneasy questions like why did they never stick to their stated policy of only hiring staff without any previous link to doping (I believe they've hired at least 3), and why Wiggins said that Vino's time trial winning margin was a clear indicator of drug use, yet his own recent time trial winning margins were not. Kimmage has aired some doubts about Team Sky for various reasons - hasn't he been the most outspoken (and shouted-down) critic of Armsrong over the last decade. Food for thuoght - that's all.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Interesting indeed, and I do like the fact that there is only 1 currently-riding British pro on the list, and that's Dave Millar, about as anti-doping as anyone these days.

kev_wal12 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Really interesting site. Thanks Gkam

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Gkam; good stuff

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nice one Gkam. Very interesting link  26

Liking the lack of British riders on the list 4/5 i think.

Some surprises too!  13

Latest Comments