Shimano Flightdeck

by Yorkshie Whippet   October 8, 2012  

Now things are going 11 spd or possibly 12spd does anyone know if there is a flightdeck for 11 spd system? Or anything similar i.e. operated from the shitfers rather than messing about around the stem?

3 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Shimano will also be launching a new R770 FlightDeck wireless computer in the 2013 range that’ll integrate fully with a Di2 system (10 or 11-speed and also with a mechanical Shimano system).

It has a touch screen rather than buttons and several Di2-specific functions. You can adjust the gears via the FlightDeck, for example, program the multi-shift settings, and it’ll run simple system diagnosis. It’ll also display the battery level. The system uses the ANT+ protocol so it’ll work with third party devices that use the same, such as heart rate monitors and power meters.

mat wrote that here:

http://road.cc/content/news/58458-shimano-dura-ace-di2-upgraded-2013

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7234 posts]
8th October 2012 - 14:36

like this
Like (5)

Shimano rule. Why o Why do people still buy Campag/Sram really wake up!!!!! Angry

big mick

posted by big mick [172 posts]
9th October 2012 - 14:59

like this
Like (6)

big mick wrote:
Shimano rule. Why o Why do people still buy Campag/Sram really wake up!!!!! Angry

Sarcasim? Thinking

I like the not taking hands off hoods to operate the computer.

For the record, the bike has a SRAM cassette and chain, FSA (soon to be SRAM Red) Chainset and Planet X brakes. It's only the shifters and mechs that are Shimano purely because of the Flightdeck.

Dave, Have I miss understood the piece. The computer can be programmed to change a selction of gears via touch screen?

posted by Yorkshie Whippet [271 posts]
12th October 2012 - 13:01

like this
Like (5)