Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What Sportive was on today between Ashley and Mobberley, Cheshire?

I set off today for my usual training route from Didsbury about 3:30pm. I saw quite a few people going the other way between Ashley and Mobberley in Cheshire, between South Manchester and Knutsford. There were lots of fluro signs I passed the back of. Some of the sportivers seemed a bit tired and in their 40's/50's so I guess I most of the event had finished.

I've checked Sportive Scene and googled sportives today but can't find what event it was and where it was going to and from. Can anyone tell me what the event was? I might have to wait a year but if it's on my doorstep...

cheers, G

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oops, I didn't clock that it was Saturday while the Cycletta (every girl should have one  3 ) was on Sunday.

@Crosshouses, "got caught up"? or do you mean distracted and, ahem, "unavoidably delayed"?

Kapelmuur | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got caught up in the Cycletta during my ride towards Knutsford and Googled it when I got home.

£42 for 40km! Hope the goody bag was special!

Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

The sportive today (Sunday) was a ladies only one. May i suggest the people you saw were just coming back from a club run and the signs you saw were just up a day early for the sportive today?
http://www.cycletta.co.uk/

Organon replied to Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks SomeFella, you have brought the mysteries of time and space into alignment. The signs must have been up early on Saturday (sensible.) I checked the cycletta route map and about half of it the route I use around the bottom of the airport.

So sadly I won't be entering it next year unless I am involved in a tragic ferret trousering accident.

Still there was quite a group going the other way, but strangely I don't see too many people going in my direction. If I can accelerate enough I might see an infinite string of old fellas going the other way.  26

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cycletta Cheshire? Based at Tatton Park. £42 / £44, ouch!

Brian Rourke's Cat & Fiddle was on today, a loop through Leek, Buxton, Macclesfield and Congleton.

Pedals | 11 years ago
0 likes

He did tell me what it was called but can't at all remember! Soz! But defo went from tatton park as we thought the same as you defo one to look into for next year with it only being down the road.

Pedals | 11 years ago
0 likes

There was a sportif of some sort from tatton park on today quite a turn out from what some chap told me whilst we were fixing a puncture in Dids. It sounds like that could be the same one.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dunno either, did you notice any club kit who you could email a question to?

Organon | 11 years ago
0 likes

No, still can't find it  20 Anyone from Manchestershire know?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The World Masters Track Championships is in Manchester this week. But have a look here https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events

As my geographical knowledge of Englandshire is not the best  3

Latest Comments