Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stolen - Venge World Champs Limited Edition Bike

My bike was stolen yesterday from outside a coffee shop in Windsor.
Matt black , Venge World Championship Limited Edition with Di2 , Ultegra and Dura ace wheels - cost over £7,500 in January this year.
The bike is one of only 40 ever sold in the UK and is number 49 of 200 sold world wide.
Also attached was a Garmin 800.
It cannot be replaced !
I will pay a big reward to anyone who can help me recover the bike.
Contact on austin.reynolds [at] austinreynolds.co.uk

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I haven't been on a club run since buying a new bike (£1300) and the custom is to leave all bikes unlocked outside the cafe. Always seemed a bit dodgy but moreso now when I've got a lot more to lose.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, but how many people do you know who take a lock on a club run? Not that I know he was in a group, but even if he used one of those light cafe-lock cable products, (or even something more substantial) if someone was sufficiently determined to take such a superbike, they're going to get it at some point.

Lost faith in t... replied to notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

i know that people who do take locks on club runs dont get there bikes stolen within 3 seconds, and it will look more suspicious someone cutting a lock to get a bike than just pushing one away that isnt locked.

the amount of people that leave there bikes anywhere unlocked amazes me, and then they are bemused when its stolen and give it the whole "i only left my bike outside my house for 10 minutes and it was gone"

because if i left a ten pound note in a street it would be lying there for hours before it would be taken......? i think not. same principle applies. if you have enough money to buy a bike you have enough money to buy a lock, there should be no excuse for not using/having one.

gb901 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hope you used your approved lock?

Lost faith in t... replied to gb901 | 11 years ago
0 likes
gb901 wrote:

Hope you used your approved lock?

a visual lock im betting  10

amazes me the amount of people that never lock their bikes (im not saying this person didnt)

The Rumpo Kid | 11 years ago
0 likes

What a sickener. Is there any possibility that the theft was caught on camera?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

He's sent me a picture. Keep an eye out folks

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Shite, that would make me feel sick. Hope you get it back.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've emailed you a couple of times. Hope you got them  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was about to say put it on stolen bikes. But I see its up there. Have you got any pictures to put up of how it looked?

I hope you are insured, as thats some piece of kit. Not an easy thing for anyone to sell.

I hate to sound harsh like this, but it was either stolen to order or the frame will be dumped somewhere after being stripped of its parts.

Hopefully you can get it back though. I have a quick look on places like gumtree and ebay for you and will keep an eye out  3

Latest Comments